- Very affordable, easy to use, impressive output options
- No DVD recording, very basic, few extra features
JVC's HRXV3 is definitely one of the more basic DVD/VCR combinations on the market; however, its low price and simplistic interface would suit users who aren't interested in recording to DVD.
Price$ 329.00 (AUD)
The HR-XV3 is a simple DVD/VCR combination, with basic VHS recording functions and DVD playback. JVC hasn't included DVD recording in this model, and those interested in a JVC combination capable of recording to both mediums should check out our review of the DR-MV1SE. If you were only interested in VHS recording, however, you would find the HRXV3 to be a perfectly capable device.
The HR-XV3 functions exactly like most VCRs, with the added option of switching to DVD mode. It's perhaps only slightly larger than a regular VCR, and has a front panel sporting the VHS and DVD trays, above an LED screen. Flip down panels reveal basic controls, and extra AV inputs. Connection options are impressive, and include digital video output via component (which only works with the DVD player), AV output and input, S-Video output, and optical digital audio output. A single button on the front panel switches between DVD and VCR mode, with a light under each tray indicating which one is currently active.
There are different menu systems for VCR and DVD modes. Both are easy enough to navigate, but don't offer many extra features, or integration of the device's two modes. The remote contains the vast majority of operational functions for the HR-XV3, including recording, menu access and playback control. Although it's quite large, the remote is well laid out, and all the buttons are easily accessible.
Recording is a very simple process with the HR-XV3. Dubbing from DVD to VHS is as easy as playing the DVD and hitting the record and play buttons on the remote. Potential buyers should note that commercial DVDs cannot be dubbed to VHS.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCloud Transformation ArchitectOther
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneWA
- FTSystems Engineer - Infrastructure/Security ProjectsNSW
- CCFinance AnalystVIC
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- FTSOE Systems EngineerOther
- CCProcess LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- TPeLearning Developer / TrainerVIC
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorVIC
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactJSOther
- TPSales Representative/Account Manager - Global CorporationNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther