- Very affordable, easy to use, impressive output options
- No DVD recording, very basic, few extra features
JVC's HRXV3 is definitely one of the more basic DVD/VCR combinations on the market; however, its low price and simplistic interface would suit users who aren't interested in recording to DVD.
Price$ 329.00 (AUD)
The HR-XV3 is a simple DVD/VCR combination, with basic VHS recording functions and DVD playback. JVC hasn't included DVD recording in this model, and those interested in a JVC combination capable of recording to both mediums should check out our review of the DR-MV1SE. If you were only interested in VHS recording, however, you would find the HRXV3 to be a perfectly capable device.
The HR-XV3 functions exactly like most VCRs, with the added option of switching to DVD mode. It's perhaps only slightly larger than a regular VCR, and has a front panel sporting the VHS and DVD trays, above an LED screen. Flip down panels reveal basic controls, and extra AV inputs. Connection options are impressive, and include digital video output via component (which only works with the DVD player), AV output and input, S-Video output, and optical digital audio output. A single button on the front panel switches between DVD and VCR mode, with a light under each tray indicating which one is currently active.
There are different menu systems for VCR and DVD modes. Both are easy enough to navigate, but don't offer many extra features, or integration of the device's two modes. The remote contains the vast majority of operational functions for the HR-XV3, including recording, menu access and playback control. Although it's quite large, the remote is well laid out, and all the buttons are easily accessible.
Recording is a very simple process with the HR-XV3. Dubbing from DVD to VHS is as easy as playing the DVD and hitting the record and play buttons on the remote. Potential buyers should note that commercial DVDs cannot be dubbed to VHS.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTTest Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- CCSIAM Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorACT
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTSenior Applications Specialist- CernerOther
- FTFTTx Network Area PlannerOther
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- CCMultiple Xamarin DevelopersVIC
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA
- FTInventory Planning AnalystOther
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- TPDatabase & GIS ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support Team Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTScrum Master / Senior Business AnalystOther
- CCSystems Support Specialist- Network SystemsQLD
- FTOracle DB & Python DeveloperVIC
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW