- f1.2 lens, simple and effective operation
- Lack of advanced features
The GR-DF430 is recommended for users looking for an easy entry into the world of digital video recording.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
JVC's GR-DF430 MiniDV recorder is an easy-to-use device that nevertheless manages to include some advanced features.
The GR-DF430 is well balanced, and can be held comfortably in the right hand. The controls are well laid-out and intuitive, with everything in easy reach of either thumb or forefinger. The 2.5" LCD screen swings out from the left-hand side of the camera, revealing menu/DV Cassette navigation controls.
The GR-DF430's most saleable feature is its f1.2 lens, which allows for much more light to be captured, increasing performance and image quality, especially in low-light conditions. Coupled with a 15X optical zoom, JVC has designed a camera capable of performing in a huge variety of situations with relative ease.
The DF430's interface is simple, and allows anyone, from beginners to advanced moviemakers, to find the settings they are looking for easily. The camera's automatic mode provides quick and clear recordings for new users, while those looking for more options will find a range in manual mode, such as white balance, exposure time, and several advanced shooting features.
The DF430 has fading options, allowing users to add fading effects to the starts and ends of their recordings. While hardly revolutionary, it does make recordings that much more interesting. Video is captured to MiniDV cassettes.
Unlike many digital video cameras, the GR-DF430 captures impressive digital still photos, taking snapshots of up to 1600 x 1200 resolution. These images are stored on the camera's memory card (either SD Memory Card or MultiMediaCard), which must be purchased separately.
The battery pack provided supplies enough power for just over 60 minutes of operation with the LCD on, and around 90 minutes with it off. More powerful batteries are sold, providing up to seven hours of life with the screen turned off, or over five hours with it on. Recharge times are reasonably fast, and if necessary, the camera can run off power through the AC adapter.
It would have been nice to see a few more advanced settings on the DF430; it certainly boasts the technology to take advantage of them. As it is, however, JVC have created an easy-to-use camera capable of producing great images in a wide variety of situations.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAccount Commercial and Contract Manager (ANZ)VIC
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerOther
- FTMitel Unified Communication engineer.ACT
- CCJanusgraph Consultant - Telco industryVIC
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTDigital Marketing Executive - PersonalisationOther
- FTWindows EngineerOther
- FTManager, Platform Wealth OperationsOther
- CCIntegration SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- TPIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- CCITSM Integration Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectOther
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCMobile Applications DevelopersACT