- High zoom, good LCD, logical interface
- Poor ergonomics, no memory card slot or USB port
The GR-D250AA is a solid, no-frills camera at a reasonable price.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The single-CCD (charge-coupled device) GR-D250AA is an entry-level MiniDV camcorder with some interesting new features. It's extremely compact, but the key selling point has to be the impressive 25X optical zoom lens.
There's no memory card slot or USB, so still capture is limited to video grabs to tape, and the ergonomics are a little under par--the chassis digs into the heel of your thumb over time, the zoom control can rock the camera, and the internal viewfinder doesn't tilt. That said, the 2.5" LCD is clear, the interface is logical and the playback/menu controls are easily accessible.
JVC's new Data Battery also allows for a more accurate "time remaining" readout that can be viewed while the camera is switched off--similar to Sony's InfoLithium technology.
The bottom-loading tape drive may irritate tripod users and there's no accessory shoe, but external microphones are supported. Manual controls include button-driven focus, exposure/gain control, white balance and selectable shutter speeds, but there's no progressive scan and widescreen recording is letterboxed or squeezed.
Despite claiming 520-line video resolution, the GR-D250AA's pictures don't look all that sharp, but low-light performance benefits from a noise reduction circuit, and the colour handling is pleasantly neutral, avoiding the over-saturated, over-sharpened feel of many consumer camcorders.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSenior Network DesignerVIC
- FTRelease Manager- IT SAP ERP/EAM environmentsOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTChange and Business Deployment Specialist - $800 per dayOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Consultant / Junior ArchitectVIC
- CCGraph Database Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTBI DeveloperQLD
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Lead / Senior Network EngineerOther
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointNSW
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- TPProject Support OfficerNSW
- FTFront End Developer (Urgent)Other
- FT2 x Python Developers - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTIT Security SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Project Manager (Telecommunications)Other
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC