- High zoom, good LCD, logical interface
- Poor ergonomics, no memory card slot or USB port
The GR-D250AA is a solid, no-frills camera at a reasonable price.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The single-CCD (charge-coupled device) GR-D250AA is an entry-level MiniDV camcorder with some interesting new features. It's extremely compact, but the key selling point has to be the impressive 25X optical zoom lens.
There's no memory card slot or USB, so still capture is limited to video grabs to tape, and the ergonomics are a little under par--the chassis digs into the heel of your thumb over time, the zoom control can rock the camera, and the internal viewfinder doesn't tilt. That said, the 2.5" LCD is clear, the interface is logical and the playback/menu controls are easily accessible.
JVC's new Data Battery also allows for a more accurate "time remaining" readout that can be viewed while the camera is switched off--similar to Sony's InfoLithium technology.
The bottom-loading tape drive may irritate tripod users and there's no accessory shoe, but external microphones are supported. Manual controls include button-driven focus, exposure/gain control, white balance and selectable shutter speeds, but there's no progressive scan and widescreen recording is letterboxed or squeezed.
Despite claiming 520-line video resolution, the GR-D250AA's pictures don't look all that sharp, but low-light performance benefits from a noise reduction circuit, and the colour handling is pleasantly neutral, avoiding the over-saturated, over-sharpened feel of many consumer camcorders.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Netgear announce local availability for smarter, sharper, Alexa-friendly Arlo Pro 2
- Netgear to spin off Arlo
- CES 2018: Ring founder Jamie Siminoff sheds light on his vision for a more-connected, more-secure future
- CES 2018: Ring Bolster Security Offering With Cameras, Lights, Alarms and Subscription Service
- Keep Watch Day and Night with Uniden’s Two-In-One Camera and Spotlight
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk Analyst (Level 1) - Sydney West (Urgent)Other
- CCLevel 1 / 2 Desktop SupportQLD
- FTManager - Technical OperationsQLD
- FTCustomer Service ConsultantOther
- FT.NET Integration Lead Developer - Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPDNS Security SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- FTXamarin DeveloperOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- TPCloud EngineerNSW
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistACT
- FTTM1 Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Strategy Analyst - Financial Services - Based in BrisbaneVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Cloud Solution ProjectNSW
- CCMulesoft Integration Software DeveloperQLD
- FTOnsite Support Engineer (sys admin)Other
- FT1st Level Technical SupportVIC
- CCFull-Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTChange AnalystOther
- TPSAP Project ManagerQLD