Princess Phonetics HD for iPad
Phonics is a widely used method of teaching children to read, pronouncing letters and letter groups as they sound rather than the traditional 'A', 'B', 'C', etc.
- Great reading app for children, easy to use
- Slightly overpriced
Princess Phonetics HD is a clean and simple phonics reading app for children that's easy to use and well made. It's so simple that the price – mid-range for such an app – is a little steep for its one-trick approach to the subject. But it works and at least parents will have a handy reminder of the sounds being taught in class.
Price$ 3.99 (AUD)
There are plenty of Reading iPhone and iPad apps for children but most stick to pronouncing B as “bee” rather than the phonic “ber”.
For children to really get the most out of an early years phonic education it’s best that they stick to that pronunciation only at the beginning.
(Of course they’ll probably be able to sing the alphabet by rote but for learning to read letters and how they’ll sound phonics has a lot going for it.)
Princess Phonetics HD is a very simple phonics iPad app that teaches the letter shapes and phonic sounds.The clear English voice-over is by five-year-old Molly, aged 5. Thankfully it’s ‘Zed’ – I mean ‘zzz’ – rather than the American ‘Zee’.
It’s called Princess because it’s in every girl’s favourite colour pink, and generalists will be pleased that there’s also a Prince Phonetics HD app in – you guessed it – blue.
It’s great that the app shows both uppercase (capital) and lowercase letters, as children can get confused why there’s two different shapes and showing them together should help understanding.
You touch the individual letters to hear the letter sounds. It’s that easy.
It’s a shame you can’t use more of the iPad functionality – for instance, swiping to the next letter. The only options this app offers is to change the background to different types of pink.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCloud Orchestration and Automation SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer/ LeadOther
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTProduct Support ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst, Technical SupportNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Change Analyst, Governance & AssuranceOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTService Desk Consultant - Part TimeOther
- FTTechnical Services AdministratorVIC
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerOther
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- CCJava Developer - Government organisationVIC
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT