Jays a-Jays One headphones
An inexpensive pair of Jays headphones that produce great sound
- Great audio quality, tangle-free cable, low price
- Slight noise leak at high volumes
The a-Jays One earphones are a great buy: they are comfortable and they have good audio quality and an appealing price.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The a-Jays One headphones are the entry-level earphones in Jays' line-up, and they offer plenty of value for money. They sound great, have an easy-to-manage cord and they are supplied with five pairs of different-sized sleeves to make sure they fit into your ears.
The headphones look like a standard pair of earphones, except for the use of a flat cable rather than a thin and easy to tangle wire. They also have an affordable price tag: $49.95. But don't let that fool you; when it comes to sound quality, the modest little a-Jays pack the punch of a more expensive pair of headphones.
The a-Jays One are designed to plug in to your ear canals and much like the t-Jays One headphones, you need to make sure that you use the correct sleeve size for your ears, otherwise they might feel uncomfortable. Once firmly fitted in your ear canals, crystal clear notes from your music will flood your brain. The sleeves block out a lot of external noise and they also reduce audio leakage, so that your music can't be heard by those around you.
Housed within each earphone is an 8.6mm speaker with a frequency response of 20Hz-18KHz. They offer the same amount of power as the a-Jays Three headphones, although the high frequency response isn't as good (the a-Jays Three have a high frequency response of 22Khz). Regardless, in our tests the treble was spot on. Mid-tones were rich and clear and the bass didn’t overpower the mid- and high-range frequencies. At high volumes there was little to no distortion.
If you want deeper bass, however, then the more advanced t-Jays One headphones are a better proposition as they have a low frequency response down to 18Hz, but you will have to spend double the money.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- TPService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTInside Sales SMSF SolutionsOther
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- TPSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- TPTechnology Training and Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTIT ManagerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCWindows & Linux Systems Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTFinance AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Network SecurityOther
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- CC.Net Developers - Multiple positionsACT