a-Jays Three headphones
The a-Jays three headphones produce good quality sound and feature an attractive design
- Excellent bass response, flat cord, included accessories, comfortable, firm fit
- Large and long jack connector
At this price, the a-Jays Three headphones represent excellent value and are a perfect replacement for the standard headphones that are bundled with most portable media players.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
Swedish company Jays has produced a smash hit with its a-Jays Three headphones. Excellent bass response, a wealth of included accessories and an attractive design that features a flat, tangle-free cord mean they are highly recommended.
The a-Jays Three headphones are the third model in Jays' entry-level, in-ear line-up and a step above the a-Jays Two headphones. Despite the earphones' low asking price, Jays is very generous with included accessories; neatly fitted in impressive packaging are various sized rubber tips (five sets in total), a flight adapter to use with airplane entertainment systems, a stereo splitter to share your music, and a handy plastic carry case. One downside is the 3.5mm connector — it's quite large and long, so it sticks well out of a media player's headphone jack.
Jays claims flat cable of the headphones is "tangle-free"; this isn't entirely accuarate in our experience but the 1.15m cable definitely suffers less from tangles than regular rounded headphone cords. The earphones themselves feature a glossy black design with matte black edging and strike a nice balance between looks and comfort. With the right size sleeves fitted a comfortable seal is created in your ear, making long listening sessions pain-free. The earbuds also hold firmly in place, even when running or exercising.
Sound quality is super-impressive considering the price. While obviously not audiophile quality, the a-Jays Three headphones boast impressive bass response. This punchy, deep bass rarely overpowers other elements. Mid-range is also well balanced, with vocals, in particular, a standout. While not super-crisp, the audio overall is warm and punchy. There is no evident distortion, even at high volume levels.
Though they can't compete with active noise-cancellation technology, the a-Jays Three earbuds can block out most background noise on a crowded train at half volume — ideal for most commuters and certainly a huge upgrade on the headphones that ship with most portable media players, including the iPod.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Process SpecialistNSW
- FTBackend Java DevelopersNSW
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- CCRegulatory Project ManagerNSW
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM ARCHITECT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Delphi, VMS, FortranOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- CCIntegration AnalystNSW
- FTDigital BA / Product Owner / 3 Month ContractOther
- CCSalesforce Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Integration SpecialistOther
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM DEVELOPER - BASELINE CLEARANCE REQUIRED - CANBERRAACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer - AWS, Jenkins, GitVIC
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- TPApplication Support AdministratorVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW