a-Jays Three headphones
The a-Jays three headphones produce good quality sound and feature an attractive design
- Excellent bass response, flat cord, included accessories, comfortable, firm fit
- Large and long jack connector
At this price, the a-Jays Three headphones represent excellent value and are a perfect replacement for the standard headphones that are bundled with most portable media players.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
Swedish company Jays has produced a smash hit with its a-Jays Three headphones. Excellent bass response, a wealth of included accessories and an attractive design that features a flat, tangle-free cord mean they are highly recommended.
The a-Jays Three headphones are the third model in Jays' entry-level, in-ear line-up and a step above the a-Jays Two headphones. Despite the earphones' low asking price, Jays is very generous with included accessories; neatly fitted in impressive packaging are various sized rubber tips (five sets in total), a flight adapter to use with airplane entertainment systems, a stereo splitter to share your music, and a handy plastic carry case. One downside is the 3.5mm connector — it's quite large and long, so it sticks well out of a media player's headphone jack.
Jays claims flat cable of the headphones is "tangle-free"; this isn't entirely accuarate in our experience but the 1.15m cable definitely suffers less from tangles than regular rounded headphone cords. The earphones themselves feature a glossy black design with matte black edging and strike a nice balance between looks and comfort. With the right size sleeves fitted a comfortable seal is created in your ear, making long listening sessions pain-free. The earbuds also hold firmly in place, even when running or exercising.
Sound quality is super-impressive considering the price. While obviously not audiophile quality, the a-Jays Three headphones boast impressive bass response. This punchy, deep bass rarely overpowers other elements. Mid-range is also well balanced, with vocals, in particular, a standout. While not super-crisp, the audio overall is warm and punchy. There is no evident distortion, even at high volume levels.
Though they can't compete with active noise-cancellation technology, the a-Jays Three earbuds can block out most background noise on a crowded train at half volume — ideal for most commuters and certainly a huge upgrade on the headphones that ship with most portable media players, including the iPod.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
"If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 2 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 3 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Plantronics add to RIG family with new RIG 300 and 400 HC Pro headsets
- Blue Introduces new Sadie Headphones
- JBL launches new sport and lifestyle headphone range
- JBL launches TUNE600BTNC noise-cancelling, wireless Headphones
- Plantronics tout 216% growth in Australian market, announces RIG 500 Pro availability
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Canon EOS 1500D: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U12+: Full, in-depth review
- Dell G5 review: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies