Budget Bluetooth headset
- Outgoing sound, soft design of ear buds, ease of use and pairing
- Incoming sound a mixed bag, questionable design
The BT2020 comes at a very reasonable price, but we prefer the design of a regular Bluetooth headset.
Price$ 59.00 (AUD)
Featuring a strange behind-the-ear design, Jabra's BT2020 is a solid budget Bluetooth headset that offers reasonable voice quality.
Jabra describes the BT2020's design, which is different to most Bluetooth headsets, as discreet. We disagree — even when worn correctly, the BT2020 is hardly inconspicuous and it may cause some slight discomfort depending on the size of your ear. To help, Jabra includes three different sized ear buds in the sales package, made of a soft silicone-like material. However, even after finding one that fits snugly, we prefer the much more compact design of a regular headset.
Thankfully, the BT2020 is easy to pair to your phone and operate. Simply put the unit in pairing mode by turning it on, find the headset using your phone and pair (the default pass code is 0000). Once paired, the BT2020 will automatically connect to your phone each time it is switched on.
The headset's sound quality is average. Like the BT2010, the BT2020 has better outgoing sound than incoming sound. In noisy environments, such as walking down a busy city road, we found the sound wasn't loud enough and overall not as crisp or clear as we expected. On the other hand, our callers had no complaints about outgoing sound, which was described as clear and loud and suffered from no noticeable issues.
There are only two buttons on the unit — a call handling button and a volume button. Functions are accessed by tapping, pressing or holding one of the buttons. For example, pressing the volume button increases the volume, while holding it down decreases it. A status light next to the volume button lets you know whether the unit is in pairing mode, or connected to a device.
The BT2020 also allows you to redial the last number you called, utilise call waiting, place a call on hold and use voice dialling (voice dialling only works if it is a feature of your phone). The unit is charged via a standard mini USB connection using the included AC adapter.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- FT.Net Developer- Active Baseline Clearance RequiredOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- FTDigital BA / Product Owner / 3 Month ContractOther
- FTTableau Application Support SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTChange Analyst, Transformation, SAPOther
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- FTService Delivery Specialist - $61 per hourOther
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTField Service EngineerOther
- FTSenior Sales Executive ? Technology ConsultingQLD
- FTSenior Agile Software Business AnalystOther
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTService Provider Manager - Asset ManagementOther
- FTSenior Field Services Telecommunication RiggerACT
- FTCommercial Loan Documentation SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - BankingVIC