- Small form factor, simplistic and easy to use interface
- Simplicity holds back advanced features, limited information display
A perfect entry into the world of digital television - cheap, small, and simple, and without any major flaws.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Not since the Centrex CTDV100 have we seen a digital TV receiver that differs from the standard VCR form factor. The Centrex was small, simple, and unobtrusive, and we're pleased to report that the STBICT6300 from ITO follows in the Centrex's footsteps, proving that not all set top boxes have to be large and clunky.
Measuring 300mm x 210mm x 64mm, the ITO is slightly larger than the CTDV100, but still remains markedly smaller than every other standard definition receiver we've reviewed. A simple set of buttons for menu navigation sit next to the LED display on the front panel, while a refreshingly minimalistic back panel sports S-Video and AV outputs, SPDIF and not much else. This clutter-free trend is continued on the remote, which is small and lightweight, with an intuitive and readily responsive button layout.
Feature-wise, the ITO has everything we'd expect from a standard definition unit. Radio/TV separation, multiple favourites menus, info display, it even has a pause function, which freezes the image (audio continues uninterrupted, and video playback resumes in time with audio). The EPG and info display are a little bare, lacking program descriptions, but they serve their purpose well otherwise. A basic and easy to use menu system makes operating the device a cinch even for beginners.
Despite lacking high definition support, the 6300 delivers impressively clear and sharp pictures, and most users will be able to notice an improvement over regular analogue signals.
There's nothing that we can really fault about the ITO, apart from the fact that it's simplicity holds it back from more advanced (and rather complicated) functionality. Users looking for a small, unobtrusive and basic model will find themselves well served by this product.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTSenior Solution Architect - Data CentreACT
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTSr SQL Developer/Data Migration SpecialistOther
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - InfrastructureVIC
- FTMEAN Stack DeveloperACT
- FTChange Manager OR Senior Change AnalystOther
- TPAngular 1.4 - 6 months contractQLD
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- CCSite Acquisition CoordinatorNSW
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- TPBA Enterprise ProgramVIC
- CCNetwork Planner - TelcoVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware ArchitectACT
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Contact Centre ApplicationsOther
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTInternal Communications ManagerOther