- Small form factor, simplistic and easy to use interface
- Simplicity holds back advanced features, limited information display
A perfect entry into the world of digital television - cheap, small, and simple, and without any major flaws.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Not since the Centrex CTDV100 have we seen a digital TV receiver that differs from the standard VCR form factor. The Centrex was small, simple, and unobtrusive, and we're pleased to report that the STBICT6300 from ITO follows in the Centrex's footsteps, proving that not all set top boxes have to be large and clunky.
Measuring 300mm x 210mm x 64mm, the ITO is slightly larger than the CTDV100, but still remains markedly smaller than every other standard definition receiver we've reviewed. A simple set of buttons for menu navigation sit next to the LED display on the front panel, while a refreshingly minimalistic back panel sports S-Video and AV outputs, SPDIF and not much else. This clutter-free trend is continued on the remote, which is small and lightweight, with an intuitive and readily responsive button layout.
Feature-wise, the ITO has everything we'd expect from a standard definition unit. Radio/TV separation, multiple favourites menus, info display, it even has a pause function, which freezes the image (audio continues uninterrupted, and video playback resumes in time with audio). The EPG and info display are a little bare, lacking program descriptions, but they serve their purpose well otherwise. A basic and easy to use menu system makes operating the device a cinch even for beginners.
Despite lacking high definition support, the 6300 delivers impressively clear and sharp pictures, and most users will be able to notice an improvement over regular analogue signals.
There's nothing that we can really fault about the ITO, apart from the fact that it's simplicity holds it back from more advanced (and rather complicated) functionality. Users looking for a small, unobtrusive and basic model will find themselves well served by this product.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung’s Next TV is a Real Frame-Changer
- Express Your Style With Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Freestyle Collection
- HomePod review roundup: 'Room filling,' 'best-in-class' sound, but Siri is 'embarrassingly inadequate'
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Apple confirm $499 HomePod for February 9th launch
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Support and Implementation OfficerQLD
- CCLevel 1 / 2 Desktop Support - BrisbaneVIC
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD
- CCIT Security Manager - OperationsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Supply ChainOther
- TPNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- FTInternal Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTProject Manager, Strategic Asset ManagementOther
- TPLead Engineer - .Net / XamarinQLD
- TPSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTDatabase Designer and AdministratorOther
- CCDigital ArchitectQLD
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTApplications Solution ArchitectOther
- FTBig Data EngineerOther
- TPEnterprise Architect | Services | QLD Health | $1173/dayQLD
- FTProject Manager - SAP Asset ManagementOther
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- FT.NET Integration Lead Developer - Australian Citizens onlyOther