- Small size, stylish design, superior screen quality
- Can't record TV, interface could be improved
A fantastic portable multimedia player.
Price$ 790.00 (AUD)
The Linux-powered iRiver PMP-120 is an alternative to iRiver's own PMC-120, which is similar but based on Microsoft Portable Media Center.
The 280g PMP-120's small size, good looks and build quality means that it's a great choice aesthetically, and its 3.5" display is also superior to that of most other multimedia players--bright and with reasonable (but not great) top and side viewing angles.
The PMP-120's supported formats include ASF, MPEG, AVI, DivX and XviD. However, the PMP-120 can't record video or TV directly like the Archos AV420 or AV300 series devices.
In terms of audio, the PMP-120's support extends to WAV, MP3 and WMA, and photo support includes JPEG and BMP. The PMP-120 can even download images directly from a digital camera. Media files (or everyday files such as spreadsheets) simply copy over to the appropriate directory when the PMP-120 is connected to your PC using the supplied USB 2.0 cable. It has a 20GB internal hard disk.
The PMP-120 has a built-in mono speaker and also comes with iRiver earbuds. The integrated microphone and audio line-in allows you to record audio. You can also receive and record FM radio. iRiver claims the replaceable lithium ion battery provides up to 10 hours of music or five hours of video playback.
Our one gripe with the iRiver PMP-120 is that its interface is terribly quirky, but it is firmware-upgradeable, which also means support for games or OGG files could be added in the future. The PMP-120 is compatible with both Mac and PC.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- TPSystem TesterQLD
- TPBI Project ManagerQLD
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Retail Store ChainOther
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCSCOM SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCPartner Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperQLD
- TPNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- CCUser Research - QualitativeACT
- FTSenior PMO AnalystOther