iRiver Clix 2nd Generation
- Beautiful AMOLED display, simple, intuitive controls
- Easy to accidentally click controls
The iRiver Clix 2nd Generation is a lightweight, easy-to-use flash-based player, with a nice display and fairly good sound.
Price$ 295.00 (AUD)
The small, sleek iRiver Clix 2nd Generation has pretty much everything you'd want in a flash-based media player, starting with a beautiful, easy-to-read display and good controls.
The iRiver Clix 2nd Generation plays MP3, OGG, and WMA song files; and it's compatible with eMusic, Napster, Sony, Urge, and Yahoo online services. Not to mention also supporting files saved in WMV or Mpeg format for video playback.
Video looks crisp and bright on the iRiver Clix 2nd Generation's 2.2in, active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) display. The iRiver Clix 2nd Generation can play and record FM radio, too, and it can handle voice recordings.
The iRiver Clix 2nd Generation's entire front panel functions as a directional pad. By clicking up-down or left-right, you can quickly navigate the menus and make selections.
Unfortunately it fared poorly at handling harmonic distortion and cross-talk; our test of the latter measure assesses whether sound from one channel leaks into the other. In informal testing, we got reasonably clean sound through the accompanying ear buds.
The iRiver Clix 2nd Generation is a fine player, with a great display and intuitive controls. Its storage space can't match that of a hard-disk-based player; but if you're looking for a light, portable, flash-based device, the iRiver Clix 2nd Generation makes an excellent choice.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTICT Infrastructure / Server EngineerSA
- FTSCRUM Master, Digital Transformation, CXOther
- CCTosca Test AutomationVIC
- FTSenior IT Project Manager - Logistics/TransportOther
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- CCFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- CCJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantQLD
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - 3D, VR, WebGLNSW
- FTWindows DevOps EngineerQLD
- CCService DesignerACT
- FTTest Lead - Automation (energy and metering sector)Other
- FTProject Co-OrdinatorOther
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Engineer - AWSOther
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD