Iomega StorCenter Pro 150D NAS
- Robustly constructed, well-designed RAID system, fully-featured software
- Noisy, software is fiddly to use, basic Web interface with a few bugs
This is an efficient and effective NAS system for businesses.
The StorCenter Pro 150D is what you expect of a business-focused network-attached storage (NAS) device: a big boxy chassis that dwarfs its rivals, dull looks, a noisy fan, and support for enterprise-level technologies such as Microsoft's Active Directory. But don't let that put you off. If you can tuck it away in the corner of your studio, then the 150D is worth considering as it's an efficient, effective NAS system.
The 150D's sturdy plastic door hides four drive bays with latches, drive trays to be popped in and out quickly. Drives do have to be screwed into these trays, so swapping drives isn't as fast as on the Drobo: although, as with the Drobo, drives can be swapped while the unit is on and StorCenter automatically rebuilds a RAID array as soon as a new drive is inserted.
The bundled Iomega Discover Tool is fiddly, and we had trouble mapping the NAS to a drive in Windows, but it offers functionality that most NAS have only in their Web interfaces. The 150D's browser-based interface is basic and unfriendly, and when we changed the RAID mode, existing user accounts were deleted.
In our speed tests, the 150D performed slower than Acer Aspire EasyStore for copying data to, and not much faster than the three-drive Thecus N3200 — though for copying files from the unit it was the fastest overall.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSignalling EngineerOther
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FTJunior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior PMO AnalystOther
- FTJava Implementation EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam LeaderVIC
- FTLead Solution ArchitectSA
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- FTWeb Developer - Drupal 7 or iApplyNSW
- CCSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTFunctional Support Consultant (GIS)Other
- FTBusiness Analyst- Data Analytics backgroundOther
- FTWindows DevOps EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectOther
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Infrastructure/Security ProjectsNSW
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD