Iomega StorCenter Pro 150D NAS
- Robustly constructed, well-designed RAID system, fully-featured software
- Noisy, software is fiddly to use, basic Web interface with a few bugs
This is an efficient and effective NAS system for businesses.
The StorCenter Pro 150D is what you expect of a business-focused network-attached storage (NAS) device: a big boxy chassis that dwarfs its rivals, dull looks, a noisy fan, and support for enterprise-level technologies such as Microsoft's Active Directory. But don't let that put you off. If you can tuck it away in the corner of your studio, then the 150D is worth considering as it's an efficient, effective NAS system.
The 150D's sturdy plastic door hides four drive bays with latches, drive trays to be popped in and out quickly. Drives do have to be screwed into these trays, so swapping drives isn't as fast as on the Drobo: although, as with the Drobo, drives can be swapped while the unit is on and StorCenter automatically rebuilds a RAID array as soon as a new drive is inserted.
The bundled Iomega Discover Tool is fiddly, and we had trouble mapping the NAS to a drive in Windows, but it offers functionality that most NAS have only in their Web interfaces. The 150D's browser-based interface is basic and unfriendly, and when we changed the RAID mode, existing user accounts were deleted.
In our speed tests, the 150D performed slower than Acer Aspire EasyStore for copying data to, and not much faster than the three-drive Thecus N3200 — though for copying files from the unit it was the fastest overall.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSalesforce Consultant - SMEVIC
- FTUI DesignerOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTLevel 2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCLSS Black Belt ConsultantVIC
- FTIntegration ArchitectOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- CC0365 EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- TPSAP FICO Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTProject Manager SAP Project DeliveryOther
- CCOffice365 SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Product MigrationOther
- FTSQL Infrastructure Engineer / DBAOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - INFRASTRUCTURENSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst- Continuous Improvemen/Productivity SpecialistOther
- CCScrum Master - Online DigitalVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTMultiple Angular ExpertACT
- CCLead Technical Specialist - NetApp Storage and BackupVIC
- TPSplunk EngineerNSW