Iomega Network Hard Drive 160GB
- Easy to install and use
- Lacks security features, poor performance
Though it's slim on security features and none too quick, this portable drive can connect to your network or directly to your PC.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
Designed for personal use, the compact Iomega Network Hard Drive offers simple setup, backup utilities and the ability to connect directly to PCs via their Ethernet ports. Because of this direct-to-PC capability, you can take this drive along when you travel, in addition to using it as part of your network back at home base.
The Network Hard Drive lacks folder security features: as it is, anyone with access to the drive can read anything on it. However, the unit is a snap to install and use--it showed up in My Network Places even before we ran the included Discovery utility.
An excellent selection of consumer software is bundled with it: Adobe Photoshop Album, Musicmatch and Iomega Automatic Backup. These three applications neatly epitomise the reasons most home users will be interested in this device.
Iomega Automatic Backup in particular is easy to use. You simply select the files you want to back up, choose a schedule and destination drive (the Network Hard Drive) and you're done. Restoring data is equally quick: you just drag and drop the desired files back to your hard disk.
The main weakness of the Network Hard Drive was its performance; it was among the slowest storage appliances we have tested. If you are only copying a file or two here and there and backing up at night, performance shouldn't be an issue. If you regularly copy large amounts of data, however, you'd be better off with a faster drive.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPHP Developer (Codeigniter / Cake)QLD
- TPClient Systems TechnicianQLD
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Corporate SuperOther
- CCContinuous Improvement and Change Specialist (Black Belt) - Contract - Nth SydNSW
- CCHelpdesk TechnicianNSW
- TPProject Manager - Learning SystemsQLD
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTNetezza Developer - Brisbane locationACT
- FTSales Manager - Global ISP Cloud Solutions ProviderVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTService Desk Operators (Part Time and Full Time)SA
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCIncident ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Release ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Release ManagerQLD
- FTSupport Services Manager - SaaSOther
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD