Iomega NAS 100d
- Simple setup procedure, integrated wireless access point
- Lacks WPA encryption
This expandable 160GB network-attached storage device is great if you don't need individually password-protected shared folders. The included Wi-Fi access point is a bonus, but not a reason to buy the device if you already have a separate Wi-Fi router.
Price$ 858.00 (AUD)
Ease of use and expandability make the NAS 100d a good choice for that ever-growing home media collection. This device combines a 160GB NAS drive and a Wi-Fi access point, which we recommend using only if you don't already have a separate Wi-Fi router.
Its performance ranked in the midrange overall, although this model was slower in copying large files and searching for a text string.
Some of the NAS 100d's wireless features are dated: it lacks both WPA encryption and enhanced-G speeds. The unit can connect to your existing wireless network as a client so long as you place it within range of your access point. Although the 100d can function as either a router or a client, we don't recommend doing large amounts of file transfers and backups over a wireless connection. The NAS 100d also comes with two USB 2.0 ports for expanding shared storage.
Setup was simple thanks to the browser-based configuration utility and the excellent documentation. Iomega also includes its own streamlined and easy-to-use automatic backup software, which lets you schedule backups of client PCs to the NAS 100d.
Security features, while limited, are good enough for home use. There are no passwords on individual shared folders, so anyone with access to the NAS 100d can read anything on it. You can designate certain shared folders as read-only, but that's all the protection you get.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Retail Store ChainOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Designer - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantACT
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- FTScheduling Specialist - Must have baseline or NV1Other
- FTSenior UX Service DesignerACT
- TPNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT RecruitmentOther
- FTWeb Developer (UX Design / Siebel Open UI / CSS)NSW
- CCIntegration Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTProject SchedulersSA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- FTWindows DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD