Iomega 70GB Rev Drive
- Sturdy and reliable hard drives, 70GB cartridge included, significantly faster than tape.
- Slower than the average USB 2.0 hard drives we've tested.
Backups are essential to the business world and the Iomega Rev drive's strong performance boosts its appeal as a safe alternative to tape. The 70GB (uncompressed) removable drive is a transportable and easy-to-use solution that offers a quick and safe storage option for important data.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
The handiest and most affordable desktop backup device is currently an external hard drive. But to back up critical workstations and servers, you need high-capacity removable media that you can rotate and secure off-site. Iomega's next-generation Rev Drive fills that need.
We tested a shipping USB 2.0 $899 Rev 70GB Backup Drive (internal IDE and SATA versions are available as well) that successfully challenges the supremacy of old-fashioned tape drives and media (like DAT 72) still popular in the business backup market. The new Rev can handle 70GB of uncompressed data, almost twice as much content as its predecessor could. Better still, it retains read/write compatibility with the older 35GB cartridges. Backups can also be made using compression, allowing up to 140GB worth of data to be stored.
The Rev's cartridges use technology based on sturdy, reliable 2.5in hard drives, with the platter and motor in the cartridge and the head and electronics in the drive. One 70GB cartridge comes with the drive; subsequent 70GB cartridges cost $79. The drive also includes EMC's backup software, Retrospect Express.
In our tests, the Rev wrote 3.06GB of files and folders (a good indicator of backup performance) in 203 seconds. That's slower than the average of 152 seconds for external desktop USB 2.0 drives we've tested that don't use RAID to span multiple disks, but it's significantly faster than tape.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAutomation Engineer/ Linux DevOps EngineerQLD
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTCloud Systems EngineerOther
- CCFront-end DeveloperNSW
- CCPortfolio / Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPProject Manager - Senior Application Specialist - HealthcareQLD
- CCSenior Test Analyst - Service Now - BrisbaneACT
- FTProblem ManagerSA
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTRail Program Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- TPSoftware Asset Management Program ManagerNSW
- FTCloud Platform ArchitectOther
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTHR Payroll Officer - Government background onlyOther
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerWA
- FTApplications Solution ArchitectOther