IOBit Advanced WindowsCare
More than a Registry cleaner.
- Poor presentation of scanning results
Like RegSeeker, we'd recommend Advanced WindowsCare only to advanced users.
Advanced WindowsCare is a free software application that comes with other tools besides a Registry cleaner.
For instance, Advanced WindowsCare claims to deter and remove spyware, optimise your PC, manage your Startup items, and remove junk files. I focused only on the tool's Registry skills, and didn't try any of those other components.
Though Advanced WindowsCare found 323 Registry issues, about the same number as jv16 PowerTools picked up, its presentation of the scanning results was pitiful. Unlike other tools that supplied detailed information about each problem, a choice of fixes, or a way to open the Registry to see the actual entry, Advanced WindowsCare just showed me a list.
Advanced WindowsCare uses a minimalist approach: each item sports a cautionary orange or red symbol (with no legend), the Registry key location and value, and an error description (obsolete software key or missing MUI reference, for instance). And rather than providing a built-in backup module, Advanced WindowsCare simply offered a menu item that brought me to Windows System Restore.
One more issue: you'll need to pay attention when you install Advanced WindowsCare's free scanner, unless you clear the check boxes, it will add the Yahoo Toolbar to your system and make Yahoo your web browser's home page.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCControl Systems SpecialistACT
- FTResident EngineerOther
- FTSenior SAS DeveloperOther
- CCSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- CCLinux Platform/Development SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCJava Developer - BrisbaneSA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJava LeadVIC
- FTSenior SAP Business Analyst (Business Intelligence & Data Management)NSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- TPLevel 1 Helpdesk Support OfficerQLD
- CCReact.js DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCTableau DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCSenior Data governance consultantVIC
- FTProject Manager - Develop Strategy. Need RISI card, Rail bckgrdOther