Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008
- Clear, concise and intuitive
- Too simple to be considered for experts, expensive
Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008's documentation is concise and very clear, and this really is one program that even the occasional user will be able to get to grips with when running their business. Expert users may prefer to stick with Sage, but for anyone else QuickBooks really is the most intuitive application in this field. The only negative is that, compared to MYOB, this is a touch pricey.
Intuit has concentrated for a long time on making its accountancy products as simple to use as possible, with recent updates to QuickBooks 2006 and 2007 offering updates that focus on accessibility rather than adding more features. Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008 once again overhauls the interface, while also adding a few useful elements that make this one of the best packages for small businesses.
Intuit QuickBooks 2008 comes in three versions: SimpleStart, Pro and Premier. SimpleStart is the cheapest and most basic release, designed to track money in and out of your business and to handle GST, while Pro allows you to also manage employee time/job costs, keep track of stock and manage a payroll. The top of the range Premier edition adds tools for generating sales orders from estimates, but it's the Pro version that'll appeal to most users.
All important activities are now available from the home page and can be followed through a simple flow chart. Subscribers to QuickBooks Payroll, which costs an additional $US99.95 per year, also have a Payroll Home workspace to work on tasks such as year end processing and reviewing P11s. The automatic scheduling of payroll tasks means that QuickBooks will inform you when details need to be processed in the correct tax period -- one reason why this service is subscription only.
Although not as important as either of these, the inclusion of Google Desktop does offer a quick and easy way of finding a customer, supplier or financial data within the program. Integration with Word and Excel has been improved, so that the professional-looking forms that you create for such things as invoices can now be exported to Office. Additionally, the introduction of new Customer, Supplier and Employee Centres provides one-stop access to information within Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMultiple Infrastructure Engineer rolesACT
- FTSenior Biz Talk DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Non ITNSW
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- FTIT Project Coordinator | Gold CoastQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSharePoint Admin & Developer- Australian Citizens onlyOther
- CC.net DeveloperNSW
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure Services.QLD
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- FTProject Co-ordinatorSA
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Technical backgroundVIC
- FTCloud Solution ArchitectOther
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Asset ManagerACT
- FTPermanent: Senior Infrastructure Technical Consultant - Cloud - MicrosoftVIC
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- CCBusiness Architect/Strategy AnalystVIC
- FTAgile Delivery Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther