Save up to $90! Great Deals on Norton 360 antivirus starting at just A$79.99 Get comprehensive protection with Norton 360 including Antivirus, secure VPN, a Password Manager, PC Cloud Backup, and more. All backed by 60-day Money Back Guarantee and 100% Virus Protection Promise.
Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008
- Clear, concise and intuitive
- Too simple to be considered for experts, expensive
Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008's documentation is concise and very clear, and this really is one program that even the occasional user will be able to get to grips with when running their business. Expert users may prefer to stick with Sage, but for anyone else QuickBooks really is the most intuitive application in this field. The only negative is that, compared to MYOB, this is a touch pricey.
Intuit has concentrated for a long time on making its accountancy products as simple to use as possible, with recent updates to QuickBooks 2006 and 2007 offering updates that focus on accessibility rather than adding more features. Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008 once again overhauls the interface, while also adding a few useful elements that make this one of the best packages for small businesses.
Intuit QuickBooks 2008 comes in three versions: SimpleStart, Pro and Premier. SimpleStart is the cheapest and most basic release, designed to track money in and out of your business and to handle GST, while Pro allows you to also manage employee time/job costs, keep track of stock and manage a payroll. The top of the range Premier edition adds tools for generating sales orders from estimates, but it's the Pro version that'll appeal to most users.
All important activities are now available from the home page and can be followed through a simple flow chart. Subscribers to QuickBooks Payroll, which costs an additional $US99.95 per year, also have a Payroll Home workspace to work on tasks such as year end processing and reviewing P11s. The automatic scheduling of payroll tasks means that QuickBooks will inform you when details need to be processed in the correct tax period -- one reason why this service is subscription only.
Although not as important as either of these, the inclusion of Google Desktop does offer a quick and easy way of finding a customer, supplier or financial data within the program. Integration with Word and Excel has been improved, so that the professional-looking forms that you create for such things as invoices can now be exported to Office. Additionally, the introduction of new Customer, Supplier and Employee Centres provides one-stop access to information within Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS TUF FX505 (Ryzen 7) review: Tolerable trade-offs
- 2 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Latest News Articles
- Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months
- Parallels 15 lets you turn an iPad into a Surface tablet
- Bitdefender refreshes consumer cybersecurity offering
- Apple Music is now streaming on Alexa in Australia & New Zealand
- Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Huawei P40 Pro review: Breaking Point
- Dell XPS 13 (2020) review: A deft upgrade that doesn't break what doesn't need fixing
- How Australia's Telcos and ISPs are reacting to increased coronavirus connectivity demands
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies