- Good performance, spacious layout, handy software bundle
- Desktop Control Centre not included
This mid-range board doesn't have many overclocking options or special features, but it's good value.
Price$ 219.00 (AUD)
The D915PBL isn't quite as feature-laden as some of the more expensive Intel 925XE-based motherboards that support a 1066MHz frontside bus. The D915PBL only supports a maximum bus speed of 800MHz. Nonetheless, the performance difference between this board and the 925XE motherboards we have tested was tiny.
The Intel board provides one ATA-100 channel, RAID 0 and 1 on the four SATA ports, eight USB ports (four external), and a gigabit Ethernet port. Its layout is spacious, with easy-to-read labels, but the area around the PCIe x16 slot can get cramped.
Surprisingly enough, Intel provides decent overclocking tweaks, though they're called "burn in" settings, in both the BIOS and the company's slick Windows-based Desktop Control Center. Annoyingly, the latter doesn't ship with the boards; before you can download the software, you must answer some intrusive questions at Intel's site. Intel also bundles other software with its board; InterVideo's Home Theater Silver and WinDVD Creator Suite and NTI's CD-Maker are the featured titles
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- G.SKILL Releases New AMD Compatible Trident Z RGB kits
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTChange Manager - must have experience working in Fin ServicesOther
- CCNetwork Data AdminVIC
- FTBuild Support OfficerOther
- CCSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTiMIS EngineerOther
- FTLean Six Sigma Process AnalystOther
- CCSystems AnalystVIC
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCRPA Developer / Consultant - Contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTBid ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCCloud Application ArchitectNSW
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantOther
- CCSolution Architect - WealthVIC
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst (SAP Application )Other