Insofta Development Document Backup
Insofta Document Backup makes the backup process as simple as possible
- Encryption, professional appearance, scheduling
- No preconfigured filters and filter sets
We were impressed with Insofta Document Backup, although the lack of plain-file backup may render it less than a perfect fit for some.
Price$ 36.95 (AUD)
Insofta Document Backup is basic in name as well as concept, making the backup process as simple as possible.
The program is professional in appearance, which will make neophytes and experienced users alike feel good about it. Insofta Document Backup steps you through the process of creating backup jobs, and will even stick an icon for the job you just created on the desktop.
Insofta Document Backup uses the Windows Volume Shadow Service to back up locked files, and can store its zip files to Blu-ray Disc and DVD as well as local, network and FTP destinations. It doesn't keep revisions of individual files, but can store each new backup in a dated folder if you so desire. The program performs full backups to an existing archive, as well as incremental and differential backups to an existing archive.
Encryption and scheduling are also available. In fact, Insofta Document Backup is the only program we know that offers the option to skip compressing already-compressed file types such as jpegs to save time during the backup. To be fair, some other programs may be doing this automatically.
One thing we'd like to see added to Insofta Document Backup are preconfigured filters and filter sets, such as *.doc or Word Processing Documents (*.doc, *.docx, *.wpd, *.txt, etc.). For now you must add these manually, which doesn't fit with the program's easy-to-use philosophy. The other thing we miss is plain-file backup - even if you select no compression, files are still zipped up.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService ManagementOther
- FTHybris ArchitectOther
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project Managers (Multiple roles)Other
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Digital And TransformationOther
- TPDigital Business Analyst (Senior)WA
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTUI DesignerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro services URGENTOther
- FTGraduate Recruiter - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCChange Manager - Australian TelcoVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Web & TelephonyQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystsVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPICT Project Support OfficerQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperSA