Inno3D GeForce 7950GX2
- Strong performance
- Not as attractive as some other options on the market
If you're looking for a powerful, single slot card solution, the Inno3D has the goods. While it doesn't quite perform at the same level as the new DirectX 10 cards, it is still a powerful solution for the hardcore gamer.
Price$ 800.00 (AUD)
Inno3D's latest frame pusher, the GeForce 7950GX2 is actually two slightly modified NVIDIA 7900s sandwiched together in an SLI configuration, but only takes up as much space as a single Geforce 7900GTX. Not only that, the SLI bridge is built-in, so the card only requires a single PCI-E slot, rather than a special SLI-ready motherboard.
The card has 1GB of DDR3 RAM and a 512-bit memory bus, giving you 512MB of RAM with a 256-bit memory bus for each GPU. In 3DMark, the GX2 scored an impressive 7903, while the rival cards from ASUS (the X1900XTX) and Gigabyte (the 7900GTX) scored 6314 and 6275, respectively.
In the FEAR benchmark, the numbers speak for themselves. The Inno3D 7950GX2 averaged 89 frames per second, a 20% lead over the X1900XTX. The GX2 core has been scaled up a notch to 500MHz, a 30MHz buffer over its 7900GT cousin, while the memory clock speed remains on par at 600MHz. Although these frequencies are considerably lower than the 650MHz core and 800MHz RAM speed of NVIDIA's flagship 7900GTX, the evident heat issues of bundling two heavy-duty GPU's so close together is a clear enough reason for the down scaling.
While noise isn't a serious problem, heat dissipation may be. Even after periods of idle time with no 3-D rendering, the heat sinks were scorching. So overclocking is not recommended unless you have some serious cooling and you'll want to make sure there's plenty of air flow in your case, even during normal usage.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- HTC Desire 12 release date, price and specs
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Radeon Software Brings Faster, Smoother Performance to the World’s Most Popular eSports Titles, Thanks to AMD’s Project ReSX
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCX2 BPE Managers - TelcoVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Wealth/BankingOther
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET Developer - Brisbane based (work from home/client site)VIC
- FTGreenfield Implementation SAP IS-U DM | SAP IS-U DM | SAP ECOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Insights ConsultantOther
- CCCommunications SpecialistNSW
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- FTProgram Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- FTBusiness Analyst/Change Analyst - CRM ImplementationOther
- TPSecurity and Risk ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Digital Frontend Developer, UX & Web TechnologyOther
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaOther
- CCField Technician - Windows/ Office 365 EnvironmentVIC
- CCApplications EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCEnterprise Architecture - Strategy ConsultantVIC
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCTalend Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW