Inno3D GeForce 7950GX2
- Strong performance
- Not as attractive as some other options on the market
If you're looking for a powerful, single slot card solution, the Inno3D has the goods. While it doesn't quite perform at the same level as the new DirectX 10 cards, it is still a powerful solution for the hardcore gamer.
Price$ 800.00 (AUD)
Inno3D's latest frame pusher, the GeForce 7950GX2 is actually two slightly modified NVIDIA 7900s sandwiched together in an SLI configuration, but only takes up as much space as a single Geforce 7900GTX. Not only that, the SLI bridge is built-in, so the card only requires a single PCI-E slot, rather than a special SLI-ready motherboard.
The card has 1GB of DDR3 RAM and a 512-bit memory bus, giving you 512MB of RAM with a 256-bit memory bus for each GPU. In 3DMark, the GX2 scored an impressive 7903, while the rival cards from ASUS (the X1900XTX) and Gigabyte (the 7900GTX) scored 6314 and 6275, respectively.
In the FEAR benchmark, the numbers speak for themselves. The Inno3D 7950GX2 averaged 89 frames per second, a 20% lead over the X1900XTX. The GX2 core has been scaled up a notch to 500MHz, a 30MHz buffer over its 7900GT cousin, while the memory clock speed remains on par at 600MHz. Although these frequencies are considerably lower than the 650MHz core and 800MHz RAM speed of NVIDIA's flagship 7900GTX, the evident heat issues of bundling two heavy-duty GPU's so close together is a clear enough reason for the down scaling.
While noise isn't a serious problem, heat dissipation may be. Even after periods of idle time with no 3-D rendering, the heat sinks were scorching. So overclocking is not recommended unless you have some serious cooling and you'll want to make sure there's plenty of air flow in your case, even during normal usage.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Project Manager (CRIM)VIC
- FTRPA Tech LeadVIC
- FTSenior Wintel Engineer, VMware, SCCMOther
- FTSenior Risk CoordinatorSA
- TPSenior Service DeskVIC
- CCWorkforce Management Solutions Expert in Workbrain - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTBig Data EngineerVIC
- FTRobotic Process Automation Developer LeadOther
- TPSales Representative/Account Manager - Global CorporationNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTTechnical Delivery Manager - NetworkQLD
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Applications EngineerVIC
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCData Analyst - SAP Data Services Exp RequiredQLD
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Large CorporateOther
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther