- Great menu system, good brightness levels
- Very noisy
A cheap purchase if you don't mind the noise.
Price$ 1,599.00 (AUD)
An affordable DLP projector, the X2 has a brightness rating of 1600 ANSI lumens, so you can use it in a greater variety of light conditions. To preserve lamp life, you can invoke 'whisper' mode, and drop down to a more conservative 1100 ANSI lumens.
Incidentally, the 'whisper' mode seems to be something of a misnomer, since even here, the projector runs at a painfully loud 37dB. Another slight disappointment is the resolution support; the maximum resolution is 800 x 600 (SVGA). While this is fine for most purposes (and is a primary reason for the X2's low price tag), for serious use, you would have to consider whether 800 x 600 is enough. The control panel is designed for total simplicity, though, and InFocus' ProjectAbility menu system is a joy to use.
The X2 has a 2000:1 contrast ratio that promises excellent depth of colour, especially at the darker end of the spectrum. The image quality is very good, and business and home users alike will enjoy watching the X2. The presence of composite RCA connectors is a useful feature for those looking to add some proper speakers.
This is an extremely good projector for the money, but those looking for a significant jump in performance from the X1 are likely to find it an anti-climax.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Systems Engineer, Wintel, VMWareOther
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Retail Store ChainOther
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Infrastructure/Security ProjectsNSW
- FTSenior Data AnalystOther
- CCData Scientist - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- FTAWS Data ArchitectsOther
- CCSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTPermanent Project ManagersACT
- FTUI Designer | ContractOther
- FTPMO ManagerOther
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- TPProcess AnalystVIC
- FTRadio Communications Field TechnicianOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Integration Platform ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTBid ManagerOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - SharepointVIC
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther