- Great menu system, good brightness levels
- Very noisy
A cheap purchase if you don't mind the noise.
Price$ 1,599.00 (AUD)
An affordable DLP projector, the X2 has a brightness rating of 1600 ANSI lumens, so you can use it in a greater variety of light conditions. To preserve lamp life, you can invoke 'whisper' mode, and drop down to a more conservative 1100 ANSI lumens.
Incidentally, the 'whisper' mode seems to be something of a misnomer, since even here, the projector runs at a painfully loud 37dB. Another slight disappointment is the resolution support; the maximum resolution is 800 x 600 (SVGA). While this is fine for most purposes (and is a primary reason for the X2's low price tag), for serious use, you would have to consider whether 800 x 600 is enough. The control panel is designed for total simplicity, though, and InFocus' ProjectAbility menu system is a joy to use.
The X2 has a 2000:1 contrast ratio that promises excellent depth of colour, especially at the darker end of the spectrum. The image quality is very good, and business and home users alike will enjoy watching the X2. The presence of composite RCA connectors is a useful feature for those looking to add some proper speakers.
This is an extremely good projector for the money, but those looking for a significant jump in performance from the X1 are likely to find it an anti-climax.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- TPSpecialist TechnicianVIC
- CCMigration SpecialistVIC
- CCITIL Service ManagerQLD
- FTDeployment Technician - Laptop RolloutVIC
- FTSystems Engineer (UC)QLD
- TPData Migration Specialist - Collections 360QLD
- CCJava Full Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager, Business Operations ImprovementsOther
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC
- FT2 X Graduate roles - Exciting opportunityQLD
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FT.NET Developer (perm and contract)Other
- TPBusiness Information SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Designer l MPLS, ISP, Data Centre design and migrationNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTHealthcare Systems Support Specialist - HL7QLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSCRUM MasterOther
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW