Imation ANZ Disk Stakka
- Attractive design, secure storage
- No optical drive, tedious disc contents logging, not very practical
The Disk Stakka was almost a good idea but not including an optical drive inside the machine means it’s nothing more than an expensive disc spindle.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The Disc Stakka is an optical disc storage device that is hooked up to your PC to manage all those discs that tend to lie around the desk looking unsightly. It is very easy to set up and fits 100 discs per unit with the ability to stack up to five units on top of each other, for a whopping 500 disc capacity.
When we initially saw this product on television we got very excited about its potential. As soon as we got it in, we were eager to set it up and pack it full of discs, but upon doing so were bitterly disappointed.
As the discs are inserted they are tracked with provided software called Opditracker which asks you to label the discs and assign them to a category. The variety of categories is large enough that it would be unlikely that very many discs wouldn't fit into at least one of them.
Unfortunately, that is the extent of the Disk Stakka's usefulness, essentially making it a very expensive version of a disc spindle. There is no optical drive within the Disc Stakka, so you can't actually read the discs once they are in the unit.
The box for this unit raves about the search capabilities of the Opditracker software and they are indeed very impressive. However, in order to use them you first have to log the contents of every single disc you put into the Stakka, which is ridiculously time consuming. To log the contents of a disc, it first has to be inserted into the Stakka and labelled. Then the user tells the program to log the disc contents, at which time it ejects the disc and asks for it to be put it in the attached computer's optical drive. The software then logs the contents of the disc, ejects it from the computer and asks for the disc to be inserted back into the Stakka. That's one down, only 499 to go.
If this unit had an optical drive in it, it would be the ultimate disc storage device. Without it, it's fairly pointless.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
- Seagate Launces DJI Fly Drive in Australia and New Zealand for Drone Users
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTNetwork & Security Gateway EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst-Data GovernanceOther
- FTSystem Analyst - Wifi TechnologiesOther
- FTAEM DeveloperOther
- CCSalesforce Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCWindows 10 Deployment Team LeadVIC
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerOther
- FTTableau Support SpecialistOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- FTPMO Analyst BIWA
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- TPService Desk Team LeaderVIC
- FTMS SQL AdministratorOther
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTIT TechnicianOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTDigital Business AnalystACT
- CCApplications Deployment/SupportNSW
- FTUnix/AIX AdministratorOther