Muramasa: The Demon Blade
You ever have one of those days? I'm talking, really bad. Like, a demon possessed your body and you found out your boyfriend screwed up big time bad. Yeah, not fun
- Gorgeous hand drawn graphics, deep combat and tight controls, multiple storylines
- Gameplay can be overly linear, combat occasionally bogs down and gets boring
Muramasa: The Demon Blade has delightful graphics, but it can be somewhat linear.
Well, that's what the last few days of my life have been like. My name's Momohime, and before I had my body stolen by a blood-lusting spirit, I was just a little country girl living my life in beautiful feudal Japan. Since all this has happened, I really don't know what to do anymore, but hopefully getting things off my chest will help me deal with everything that's happened to me. Care to lend an ear?
First off I should mention that if you've seem me lately, you probably noticed that I didn't seem like myself. The demon that took over my body has gone on a wild killing spree from province to province, collecting swords (or getting another spirit to make a plethora of others for him), and basically offing a lot of people. Well, they haven't all been people, because as you might've noticed we've got a lot of strange creatures running around these days.
The odd thing is, I couldn't help but become entranced by the demon's deft swordplay. He would switch between three swords at once without breaking a sweat, and the variety of his movements and attacks was really impressive. Occasionally I'd grow tired of watching him fight wave after wave of sumurai, demon, imp, or any of the other countless other things that got in his way, but there's not much else to do when you've become a wispy spirit along for the ride.
I should also mention that before I was possessed, I didn't get out much (the BF was kinda possessive). You can imagine my surprise when I saw what lay waiting outside the boundaries of my home: Golden yellow fields just before dusk, snowy mountain slopes awash with the last cherry blossoms of the season, verdant forests where you could almost taste the small rays of sunlight that slipped through the trees. It was breathtaking. My only qualm with the demon was that he never really veered us off the beaten path, for the most part we were always trying to get from point A to point B; I would've loved to take in the sights more.
Along the way we met a young samurai named Kitsune, who had lost his memory and was also on an unexpected journey. From our brief meeting I could tell he was also handy with a blade, and I also found out that he had experienced and seen many of the places I had been. Lucky for him he doesn't have a damn demon stuck inside his body. Well thanks for listening, I feel a lot better now. I have a feeling that if you want to find out anything else, you'll know where to find me.
(and Andy Burt)
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Destiny 2: The 5 key things PC gamers need to know
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft's Phantom Dust remaster brings the cult Xbox classic to PCs, for free
- This year's Steam Summer Sale dates have already leaked
- How to play the Quake Champions open beta this weekend
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTRecord Management Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCPrimary Support OfficeACT
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCABAP ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- FTSenior DeveloperNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCPeopleSoft DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst / DeveloperQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW