IBM Australia Lenovo ThinkCentre M52-9210-D1M
- Biometrics included
- No office applications included
A corporate machine for the security conscious business user looking for stability and reliability.
Price$ 1,350.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Lenovo's new ThinkCentre comes tailored for your office right out of the box. For all of its business acumen, though, office applications are notably absent from its software suite.
Included software from Lenovo concentrates on recovery, maintenance and security. IBM Client Security Software, PC Doctor and Create Recovery Disc, among others, enhance the reliability of the platform. The support for fingerprint recognition and an embedded security chip will be welcomed by many businesses. However, a fingerprint scanner must be purchased separately.
The unit is has a small footprint at 8cm x 31cm x 35cm and comes without a monitor, as many workplaces will have these already. The ThinkCentre comes with a stand so it can be positioned horizontally or vertically, further increasing desk space. The case is well-built and incredibly strong. Tucked inside is a 3GHz Pentium 4 processor and an 80GB hard drive without locking SATA clips. The built-in speaker is small, but will deliver all the sound you need for office work. On the back are six USB 2.0 ports, two serial ports, Gigabit Ethernet connection and VGA output. On the front are two more USB 2.0 ports, microphone and headphone ports.
The chassis is completely tool-less and can be easily popped open for maintenance. The ThinkCentre is upgradeable, with one spare PCI slot and a one spare PCIe x1 slot. There is also one RAM slot available to boost it from its current 512MB DDR2 RAM to a max of 4GB. The optical drive, which is 16x DVD and 48x CD, doesn't burn discs. This might seem annoying, but adds to data security. However, it does leave me questioning why there are eight USB 2.0 ports which you cannot lock down.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- CES 2018: Intel Reveals VR-Ready ‘Hades Canyon’ NUC
- iMac Pro first look: Apple’s most powerful Mac is a multiprocessing beast
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTFull stack DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - ServiceNowNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- FTSenior BA ( Squad BA)Other
- TPChange Lead | UtilitiesQLD
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTOBIEE DeveloperACT
- FTIT Help-Desk Coordinator / ManagerOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCMid - Level Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSAP ArchiectNSW
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- CCNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Technical Project Manager - starting in 3-4 monthsACT
- FTDocument ControllerSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- FTField Supervisor - Pit RemediationVIC
- FTSenior API/Integration DeveloperOther
- CCDevOps ArchitectACT
- FTIT Program ManagerOther
- FTCommercial Contracts AnalystOther