IBM Australia Lenovo ThinkCentre A51
- Comparitively poor performance
Small, rugged and good looking, the ThinkCentre A51 is suitable for everyday office tasks and won't occupy too much space on the desk. Its tool-less design and its comfortable keyboard and 17in monitor make it a pleasure to work on. We do wish it was a better performer and had a longer standard warranty period.
Price$ 2,079.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Ruggedly built, yet small in stature, this desktop has the same configuration as the M51, apart for an extra 512MB of memory and a larger hard drive. As such, it performed slightly better in World Bench 5 than its larger cousin and is a unit that should definitely be considered for large desktop roll-outs. The ThinkCentre A51 from Lenovo is based on the Intel 915G chipset and has a 3GHz Pentium 4 CPU along with 1GB of DDR memory and a 160GB hard drive.
Physically, its relatively small dimensions allow the unit to be placed flat on the desk with the monitor on top; or it can be stood up, tower style, with the included stand. Tool-less entry into the chassis and tool-less manipulation of the main components makes maintenance a breeze.
Like the ThinkCentre M51 series, the ThinkCentre A51 series features Lenovo's hardware and software security features, plus data backup and recovery software.
Supplied with a 17in LCD monitor and a very sturdy keyboard, the A51 is a pleasure to use, but still lacks the grunt of comparable configurations. Its performance is adequate for spreadsheets, wordprocessing and Internet browsing, as well as multitasking. However, if tougher tasks need to be undertaken then, like the M51, this model will struggle.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple Roll Out High Sierra
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- TPSenior Project Manager (CRIM)VIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCPricing AdministratorVIC
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- FT3 X Project Managers - Financial ServicesOther
- FTApplication Project ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Engineer - NPIOther
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- CCService DesignerACT
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCAutomation Scripter - Data CentresWA
- FTFunctional Support Consultant (GIS)Other
- TPDeployment Analyst - Office 2016 rolloutVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW