- Touch screen display, FM recording, USB 2.0 interface
- Can't record TV
The i-Station PMP1000 is a reasonably priced multimedia player with a handy touch screen.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
Portable media players let you stow in your pocket favourite TV shows, movies, music and photos--a mix of entertainment otherwise confined to your desktop computer. Although Microsoft is pushing players based on the mobile version of its Media Center software, there are a variety of alternatives available, each with a different take on the concept--from physical design to user interface.
Most media players have had similar drawbacks: high price tags, barely pocketable sizes, and minimal extra features. However, the i-Station PMP1000 and Archos PMA430 introduced a new touch, quite literally, as they were the first to include a 3.5" touch screen display. This is a boon for ease of use. The i-Station is well built and a tad smaller than some earlier players. The PMP1000 is equipped with a 20GB hard disks; enough capacity for roughly 4500 songs or roughly seven movies. It has a USB 2.0 interface, can also double as an external hard disk and includes internal directory structures for organising your media files (see specifications for full listing of supported photo, music and movie file formats).
The devices can record input from built-in microphones and line-input directly to MP3. The i-Station PMP1000 can also output to TV (S-Video) but not record. Its extra features include FM radio tuning and recording plus built-in dictionary, calendar, calculator and a text viewer.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPAppian DeveloperQLD
- CC.net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- FTPageUp BAOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Sunshine Coast HospitalQLD
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTProgramme DirectorSA
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Mobile AutomationOther
- TPMicrosoft Cloud Infrastructure Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTData Centre Systems EngineerOther
- FTSenior Sales Executive ? Technology ConsultingQLD
- FTSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTCapability Specialist | Business AnalystOther
- TPCyber Security EngineerNSW
- TPIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- FTRelease Manager (Software Configuration)ACT
- TPWeb DeveloperACT
- FTTechnology Project OfficerOther
- FTPreSales / Offerings Solution Architect - BPS or BPONSW
- FTCloud Solution ArchitectOther
- CCJanusgraph Consultant - Telco industryVIC
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- TPInstructional DesignerNSW