Hyundai ImageQuest N91S
- Response time, Built-in speakers, Sharpness and resolution
- Poorly designed controls, Slight image noise
The N91s is a solid performer that is only let down by poorly implemented controls and slight image noise when displaying fine vertical lines. Otherwise, it’s an excellent monitor with great sharpness and no major display flaws.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Hyundai N91s is an attractive 19-inch LCD monitor that boasts a fast 8ms response time for its asking price, built in stereo speakers and a pleasing design that makes it a solid, if not spectacular all-round performer. It is only let down by poorly implemented controls but most importantly, at its native resolution of 1280x1024 its display quality is above average.
We ran a standard set of tests on the N91s using DisplayMate Video Edition and the results were quite good. DisplayMate has a range of test images that are designed to push a monitor to its limits and reveal any flaws. The N91s particularly excelled in the geometry and distortion tests, failing to show any major weaknesses.
It also faired quite well in the sharpness and resolution tests. We were impressed with the crispness and clarity of the display overall and the fact that it had no noticeable ghosting problems while running games. The only issue with the N91s' performance appeared in our vertical line test, with a few aberrations visible on certain charts. Some test patterns also revealed slight image noise; however, this wasn't particularly noticeable, and shouldn't be a major problem.
Backlight bleed didn't prove to be an issue on this unit, with a consistent even distribution of light across the whole screen. The N91s performed fairly well in terms of colour too, although its blues were somewhat oversaturated.
Its specifications reflect the price, with a brightness rating of 280cd/m2 and 500:1 contrast ratio. There are models with better specifications out there, but we were more than satisfied with this panel's performance in these regards. It rendered the black to white charts well with even gradation from one shade to the other. This monitor is a solid display and while it won't outperform high end models, its image quality is quite impressive for a budget offering.
In terms of its design, the N91s is finished in a matt black plastic with silver trim. It's a fairly simplistic yet professional look that will blend into any office or home. Curved edges and a circular stand are also part of the N91s as well as a five-way navigational control circle. Unfortunately, these buttons are difficult to operate due to their sunken position on the front panel. They require a firmer than usual press to activate, so adjusting the monitor's calibration settings isn't as easy as it should be.
The calibration options themselves are fairly basic, with the ability to adjust brightness, contrast, horizontal and vertical positioning, phase, colour and language. There's also an automatic calibration option, which allows the user to let the N91s adjust to settings optimum for your PC setup. The N91s also includes built in speakers, located on the bottom of the front panel, below the display. We wouldn't recommend them for high-quality sound, but they are convenient if you don't already have a set of desktop speakers.
Overall, the Hyundai N91s is a well designed LCD monitor at a bargain price. It is only let down by a poorly implemented control panel and slight image noise when displaying fine vertical lines. This is a solid performer packaged in a neat design.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOracle DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Process BAOther
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Rail Project Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- TPLinux Automation EngineerQLD
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- CCOracle Service Bus DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTDesktop Engineer Level 1 - 2Other
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- TPDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior ERP Project Manager QLD
- CCMessaging AdministratorQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Node.js DeveloperQLD
- FTReporting Business Analyst - $62 phOther
- FTData Insights Consultant - CBD work locationOther
- FTDesktop Engineer (Windows 10)Other
- CCMaster SchedulerNSW
- FTLead Agile BAOther
- CCPega Systems Architects/DevelopersACT
- CCOffice Administrator - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerACT