"I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it."
HP USB PS2 Washable Keyboard
An HP keyboard that will withstand the stickiest spills and the heaviest dust particles
- Dust- and liquid-proof, washable, USB extension cable
- Left Shift key is not big enough
For dusty environments and situations where spills are of real concern, HP's USB PS2 Washable Keyboard is a good choice. It it ever gets contaminated with dust or sticky liquids, you can simply wash it under a running tap without worrying about damaging it.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
If your work environment is very dusty, or if you're a bit of a klutz with your coffee mug or soft drink, consider investing in HP's USB PS2 Washable Keyboard. It's a $69 keyboard that's impervious to dust and liquids and it will keep on truckin' even after the most severe of spills.
Whether you spill a sticky soft drink on it while watching a funny YouTube video, or whether a lot of dust gets into the nooks between the keys while you're on the wood shop floor, you can simply place the keyboard under running water and give it a thorough scrub. You don't have to worry about ruining the board, nor do you have to remove every key to clean underneath them. The board has a sealed structure that keeps liquids and dust from flowing through to its circuit.
You can see from the above video that the keyboard can be plugged straight in to a PC and used, even if it's still wet -- just make sure that the USB plug is dry (inside and out) before you plug it back in. To dry the keyboard, just turn it upside down and shake it, wipe it down, and give it a bit of time -- it's not fun to type on a wet keyboard anyway.
What makes the Washable Keyboard convenient to clean is its extension cable, which has a USB connection only a few centimetres from edge of the keyboard and allows you to disengage it from the PC without having to venture around to the rear of the PC.
In addition to its USB connection, the Washable Keyboard ships with a PS/2 connector so that it can be used on older motherboards. It's a comfortable keyboard to type on as its keys have plenty of travel and response, but we found the left Shift key to be too small for our liking.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies