HP Pre 3 webOS smartphone (preview)
HP Pre 3 preview: HP's Pre 3 gets a 3.6in capacitive touchscreen, slide-out keyboard
- 3.6in capacitive touchscreen, webOS, slide-out keyboard
- No confirmed Australian release, no expendable memory
HP's first webOS smartphone, the Pre 3, builds on the foundation of Palm's original Pre devices, but ups the ante with a bigger screen and a faster processor.
HP is attempting to become the latest significant player in the ever-popular smartphone category by launching the Pre 3; a smartphone running Palm's webOS operating system.
Check out our guide to the best upcoming smartphones in 2011.
The HP Pre 3 smartphone has a 3.6in touchscreen with 480x800 resolution, a 5-megapixel camera that doubles as a HD video recorder, and a front-facing camera for video calling. The Pre 3 is powered by a 1.4GHz Qualcomm processor, will come with 8GB or 16GB of memory and has 512MB RAM.
The HP Pre 3 smartphones runs the Palm developed webOS operating system which powered the Palm Pre smartphone; a product that sadly never made it to Australian shores. HP acquired struggling Palm for US$1.2 billion in July 2010, and the Pre 3 is one of the first in a suite of webOS-powered products promised by the company.
A key feature of the HP Pre 3's webOS operating system is multitasking via "cards" — a unique way of swiping through multiple open applications. HP claims users can easily move back and forth between cards, as well as group related cards in stacks.
Other features of the HP Pre 3 smartphone include HP Synergy, which groups contacts from multiple sources in a single application, Flash support, and the ability to synchronise documents with Google Docs, QuickOffice, Dropbox and Box.net. The HP Pre 3 can also act as a wireless mobile hotspot, sharing the phone data connection with multiple devices.
The HP Pre 3 smartphone also has "Touch-to-share" technology, which enables users to share content, read text messages and answer phone calls from a compatible HP smartphone or TouchPad tablet by simply tapping the devices together.
HP hasn't yet confirmed whether the Pre 3 smartphone will launch in Australia.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure Services.QLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCService management Business AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test EngineerOther
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AdviceOther
- CCSAP Subject Matter ExpertQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking , Finance backgroundOther
- FTUI Designer | ContractOther
- TPIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectOther
- FTAutomation Framework DeveloperVIC
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantVIC
- FTJava DevelopersOther
- CCArchitect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- FTGraduate Software Automation Test AnalystWA
- FTSr. IT Business Analyst -Investment banking Funding StructureOther
- FTSenior Project Manager- Infrastructure & Application upgradeOther