HP iPAQ rx5765
- Great value
- A little slow
The iPAQ is a touch slow at times and its lack of a pedestrian mode hasn't gone unnoticed. However, it still offers amazing value for money and excellent functionality.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Satnav, a feature that was once found only in the most expensive cars, is increasingly crammed on to the screens of smart phones and PDAs and hidden beneath the passenger seat of rusty bangers.
The latest addition to HP's iPAQ line-up, the 5765, runs on Windows Mobile 5.0 Premium, combining navigation assistance with Office applications, contact- and data-management software, media playback, e-mail and Web browsing. It's a simple matter to sync data with a PC, and images are easily sent directly to print.
Although some features are dependant on accessibility to a wireless network, the main features are not. And by configuring the BT Phone Manager, you can tap into your mobile's Internet connection using the built-in Bluetooth receiver. It's here that the iPAQs ability to switch between horizontal and vertical displays really impresses.
With TomTom Navigator 6.0 Australian maps preinstalled, postcode navigation, various points of interest and access to TomTom Plus services, the iPAQ is all you need to find your way. That said, it suffers some delay around corners, which can be confusing when one turn leads immediately to another. And we still haven't found a GPS capable of quickly finding a signal at startup in remote locations
Importantly, the HP features password protection. And reassurances continue abroad. While it has an exhaustive collection of maps, iPAQ Choice points allow you to download more - along with additional games and software. Meanwhile, WorldMate keeps you clued-up with differing time zones, currencies and whatever else may have you confused.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Sony Bring Xperia XZ1 to NZ
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- FTOffice 365 Technical SpecialistOther
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedVIC
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- CCExperience / Service DesignerACT
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness/System Analyst- (Human Capital Management (HCM) )NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Engineer - NPIOther
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperSA
- CCSenior ICT Project ManagerACT
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther