HP iPAQ rx5765
- Great value
- A little slow
The iPAQ is a touch slow at times and its lack of a pedestrian mode hasn't gone unnoticed. However, it still offers amazing value for money and excellent functionality.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Satnav, a feature that was once found only in the most expensive cars, is increasingly crammed on to the screens of smart phones and PDAs and hidden beneath the passenger seat of rusty bangers.
The latest addition to HP's iPAQ line-up, the 5765, runs on Windows Mobile 5.0 Premium, combining navigation assistance with Office applications, contact- and data-management software, media playback, e-mail and Web browsing. It's a simple matter to sync data with a PC, and images are easily sent directly to print.
Although some features are dependant on accessibility to a wireless network, the main features are not. And by configuring the BT Phone Manager, you can tap into your mobile's Internet connection using the built-in Bluetooth receiver. It's here that the iPAQs ability to switch between horizontal and vertical displays really impresses.
With TomTom Navigator 6.0 Australian maps preinstalled, postcode navigation, various points of interest and access to TomTom Plus services, the iPAQ is all you need to find your way. That said, it suffers some delay around corners, which can be confusing when one turn leads immediately to another. And we still haven't found a GPS capable of quickly finding a signal at startup in remote locations
Importantly, the HP features password protection. And reassurances continue abroad. While it has an exhaustive collection of maps, iPAQ Choice points allow you to download more - along with additional games and software. Meanwhile, WorldMate keeps you clued-up with differing time zones, currencies and whatever else may have you confused.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- MWC 2018: Intel and Huawei to showcase 5GNR public interoperability demonstration
- MWC 2018: Intel confirms OEM collaboration on 5G PCs
- Huawei Unveils First Car To Be Driven By AI-Powered Smartphone
- OPPO Launches Free Screen Repairs for Latest Devices
- Samsung Partners With Commonwealth Bank
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSAP Project ManagerQLD
- FTBig Data Analyst/Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC
- TPSAP Project ManagerQLD
- CCFull-Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber Security - CanberraNSW
- CCSenior Internet Services EngineerNSW
- CCApplications Project ManagerACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Financial ServicesQLD
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- TPDNS Security SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCNetwork Test EngineerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- TPMS Dynamics CRM AdministratorACT
- CCPortfolio / Project Coordinator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTReceptionist/ Front Desk CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- FTAWS AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - Onsite - UrgentOther