Secure and Save before time runs out with Bitdefender Exclusive Clearance Offer! Get Bitdefender Total Security 2018 Now!
HP Colour LaserJet Enterprise CP4025dn colour laser printer
The HP Colour LaserJet Enterprise CP4025dn workgroup printer has plenty of speed and features, as well as low costs per page
- Fast, low cost per page, smooth text and graphics
- Some graphics can be overly dark
The CP4025dn workgroup printer has plenty of speed and features, as well as low costs per page; photos tend to look dark, however.
Price$ 2,899.00 (AUD)
The HP Color Laserjet Enterprise CP4025dn is a workgroup color laser printer with speed and features to spare. It's reasonably priced ($2899 as of March 1, 2010), offers smoother print quality and its toner costs are economical, too.
The CP4025dn is one of the fastest colour laser printers we've tested to date. In our tests, plain-text pages flowed into the tray at a sprightly 19.4 pages per minute (ppm), while graphics speeds ranged from 6.2 ppm for simpler images to 1.8 ppm for photo quality on special paper. Print quality was generally very good. Photographic images tended to have a darkish or greenish tinge, which was more pronounced in a grayscale sample.
When we moved the CP4025dn to our Mac testbed, it slowed drastically to an average of 7.7 ppm printing text and 2.3 ppm printing graphics. Print quality was consistent with what we saw on the PC platform: smooth and natural-looking, with a few overly dark areas.
Built for high-volume use, the CP4025dn has a monthly duty cycle of 100,000 pages and comes with 512MB of memory, upgradable to 1GB. If the standard 500-sheet input tray and the 100-sheet side multipurpose tray aren't enough, you can add a wheeled base unit that includes another 500-sheet input tray, plus a cabinet for storing paper. The 500-sheet output tray has a spring-loaded bottom panel that lowers automatically as more paper accumulates--a fun design, though on our unit the panel was short on lubricant (according to HP) and squeaked a bit. A front panel opens to provide easy access to the integrated toner cartridges/drums, and a panel on the right provides paper-path access (though we did not experience any jams). The on-board controls are intuitive, and the menus displayed on the four-line colour LCD are easy to navigate. The Web-based interface is also top-notch.
The Color Laserjet Enterprise CP4025dn ships with the only toner cartridges made for it: $241.72 for a black toner that lasts 8500 pages (2.8 cents per page), and $439.10 each for 11,000-page cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges (3.9 cents per colour, per page). That translates to a low 14.8 cents for a page with all four colours. These are very economical costs, especially considering the integrated drum-and-toner design used in this model.
Most busy offices would be happy with the HP Color Laserjet Enterprise CP4025dn's speed and features, and its smooth print quality is a nice bonus.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies