Hitachi Australia DZ-M730E
- Easy to edit in camera
- Finalising disc can take time, needs unwieldy adapter for slot loading DVD players
The DZ-MV730E offers more refinement, better menu controls and more effective disc preparation than earlier DVD camcorders.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Early generations of DVD camcorders were clunky, half-baked efforts at taking advantage of the inevitable onslaught of DVD in the home. It took a few years before a DVD camcorder arrived that could even remotely compare to a miniDV camcorder with regards to usability, handling and quality.
Hitachi deserve credit for persevering with the format over several model generations, and investing a lot of time and resources to create a DVD camcorder that could compare favourably with the best miniDV tape camcorders available. The DZ-MV730E is such a device.
The DZ-MV730E records video to either rewritable DVD-RAM discs or to write-once DVD-R media. DVD-R media is the most compatible with many home DVD players; Panasonic DVD recorders and a very few players are able to read DVD-RAM discs.
In good lighting conditions, the DZ-MV730E performs very well, producing sharp, accurate colours with its 800,000 pixel CCD. It can take 10 to 20 seconds to initialise and catalogue a disc before it's ready to shoot; however, this is normal for the format and common with most other DVD camcorders. Once prepared, the camcorder automatically finds the empty space on the DVD, so there's no need to worry about overwriting important scenes, as is possible when recording with tape. The camera also supports SD media for stills.
A bright 2.5" LCD works well even when recording in bright sunlight, or you can use the optical viewfinder if conditions get too bright. It has a 16X optical zoom.
The Hitachi DZ-MV730E is a very good DVD camcorder that is much more user friendly and much less clunky than the early generations of DVD based camcorders; getting the price below the $1000 mark also makes it an attractive proposition.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProduct ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer C++NSW
- CCMid - Level SAP Test AnalystQLD
- FTDevOps Engineer/ LeadOther
- FTProgress 8.3 DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectOther
- FTProgram Director - ieMROther
- FTIntegration Developer (Mulesoft)Other
- FTMarketing Manager - IT ServicesOther
- CCSenior DevOps ManagerVIC
- FTData ModellingACT
- TPEL1 Business AnalystACT
- FTBDM/Account Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTRigger TechniciansOther
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTReporting Analyst - Planning & ForecastingOther
- FTSAP PSCD Analyst and PSCD FunctionalistOther
- FTTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTIT Engagement PartnerOther
- FTJunior Account Manager - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerOther
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerOther