Hitachi Australia 32LD7800TA
- Excellent range of inputs
- Short warranty, slight moiré on AV inputs
This screen offers great performance and features, but is let down by a one-year warranty.
Price$ 3,999.00 (AUD)
Hitachi's 32" 32" 16:9 LCD TV is a great little unit. It features a clean look with a grey border and side speakers, and cleverly hidden buttons at the top of the panel. The screen runs at a native resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels and supports 1080i high-definition image display through down-filtering. The panel offers a 16:9 aspect ratio by default, but includes full support for other aspect ratios and picture-in-picture. In fact, the Hitachi boasts dual tuners, so you can watch two channels at once.
The screen ships with a pair of 12W speakers that bring the dimensions up to 102 x 32 x 62cm. The audio is a little tinny, but adequate for watching TV or DVDs.
The rear of the screen boasts a vast range of inputs. The list includes S-Video, component, DVI, VGA, HDMI, RF antenna, and composite. In fact, just about the only thing missing is SCART. This is backed up by outputs for composite, S-video and audio, which would help this TV integrate into any home.
The bulky remote control is elegantly laid out and offers quick access to AV inputs, menu systems and channel selection. If the 176-degree viewing angle doesn't allow everyone in a room to see clearly, the screen can also be swivelled on its base via remote.
The menu system is well designed and extremely easy to use. Tuning channels is relatively slow, but it's a task you'll have to perform only once.
Image quality was good across the board, with even colour balance, contrast and adequate brightness to handle everything from live sports through to dark, atmospheric films on DVD. Some moire was apparent in on-screen text from an AV source, but it wasn't a serious issue. In fact, it only became evident when we were using the TV for some light console gaming; it was otherwise unnoticeable.
While the Hitachi unit is impressive, the one-year warranty is a disappointment. The screen is rated to 60,000 hours' life, but in this price bracket, you'd hope for better support. The display itself is a solid performer, offering an enormous range of inputs and great image quality, but the short warranty could be a turn-off.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- First Look: LG's Signature Range
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTFront End DesignerOther
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- TPSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- FTSolution Designer - CRM / EDWOther
- FTSenior BA Wealth ADVICEOther
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCRelease Manager (Salesforce)NSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther
- FTDigital Project ManagerWA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- TPTechnology Training and Service Desk AnalystVIC
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- TPTechnical AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW