Hisense HL22T28PL LED television
This budget 22in LED television has a USB port for playing downloaded video
- Good detail levels for a 22in panel, inbuilt DivX playback through USB
- Comparatively expensive for small screen size, struggles with high contrast content
The Hisense HL22T28PL 22in LED television is a good choice if space is at a premium. Video quality isn't excellent, but the HL22T28PL has good detail levels at 1080p when connected to a computer.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The Hisense HL22T28PL is a 22in LED television with a 1000:1 contrast ratio. Its picture quality is average when displaying high contrast video content, and if you intend to use it as a PC monitor it can display good levels of fine image detail thanks to its 1080p Full HD panel.
Hisense HL22T28PL: Design
The Hisense HL22T28PL LED television has a glossy black finish on its thin bezel. Although this will easily pick up fingerprints it looks attractive. The Hisense HL22T28PL's body is quite thin at the edges, but the rear of the chassis bulges an extra centimetre at its centre. Overall the Hisense HL22T28PL is a sleek and attractive (if slightly formulaic-looking) television. The HL22T28PL's thin base does not swivel, but this is a minor issue because the TV is quite light.
The rear of the Hisense HL22T28PL has a range of video, audio and input ports. If you're hooking up a Full HD device like a Blu-ray disc player, you'll need to use the single HDMI port, but analog devices like older camcorders or iPods can be connected using the component or composite A/V connector sets. A VGA connector will also handle the 1080p native resolution of the Hisense HL22T28PL, so this is what we'd opt for when using it with a desktop PC if the HDMI port is occupied. The Hisense HL22T28PL's USB port has support for a small range of audio, video and picture codecs, including official support for DivX video. This feature makes the Hisense HL22T28PL useful for watching downloaded video without an external media player or set-top box. It also means the Hisense HL22T28PL is an all-in-one package; there's no need to plug in additional devices just to watch a movie.
Hisense HL22T28PL: Picture quality and contrast
The Hisense HL22T28PL has similar picture quality to the Tyagi LED24 and Kogan 1080P24 LCD televisions. It has a 1000:1 contrast ratio like its competitors, and a 1080p native resolution for its 22in panel.
When we played the 1080p Full HD Blu-ray version of The Dark Knight through the Hisense HL22T28PL LED television we found that it handled difficult scenes well. Although it only has the same stated contrast ratio as Kogan and Tyagi's televisions we found it handled black detail better when using its default settings. Like the other sets it clipped highlight detail and left bright areas of the screen looking slightly grey and washed out — this is a problem that can only be solved by lowering the screen's brightness, making it difficult to view in a well-lit room.
Detail levels are good when viewing 1080p content on the Hisense HL22T28PL. Its high resolution to screen size ratio makes it a good choice for use as a monitor for a desktop PC. For impromptu Web browsing, where you're not going to be presented with high-contrast material, the Hisense HL22T28PL is a good choice.
The advantage of using LED technology in the Hisense HL22T28PL is evident in its low weight and slim profile. Picture quality is only average, but it fares slightly better than its competitors from Tyagi and Kogan. However, the downside is that you are paying a higher retail price for a smaller screen size.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- First Look: LG's Signature Range
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Director - Cloud - Qld HealthQLD
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP Developers (SAP CRM, PSCD, HANA, UI5)Other
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperOther
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTMiddleware System AdministratorACT
- CCScrum Master - Digital/ Marketing ProjectsNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Support Analyst role in MelbourneVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Delphi, VMS, FortranOther
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)NSW
- FTService Desktop TechnicianOther
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Permanent OpportunityQLD
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC