Hewlett-Packard Australia ScanJet N6310
A flatbed document scanner.
- Colours aren't entirely faithful
The HP ScanJet N6310 is versatile, and majors on document conversion, although it does take its time. For slides and negatives, and the flatbed facilities, it will suffice — but for the price, we feel it lacks performance and quality in a few key areas.
Price$ 1,299.00 (AUD)
The HP ScanJet N6310 is a flatbed document scanner.
A good impression is left by HP ScanJet N6310's cream and curved styling, although we weren't quite as enthused by the installation routine. A lengthy reload fixed these problems, although it's not the first time we've experienced problems with HP's gargantuan routines recently.
Besides normal paper documents and business cards, the HP ScanJet N6310 can handle 35mm slides and negatives. A 50-sheet feeder takes in significant numbers of documents at a time, although you will need to make sure it's fitted properly.
As a document scanner the HP ScanJet N6310 didn't perform as well as hoped given the bumper price tag. You can turn documents into one of a number of formats, principally Jpegs, Tiffs and Adobe PDF files. You can even create PDFs that are fully searchable for text, providing you scan at 300dpi resolution.
We stocked up the HP ScanJet N6310 with the same bundle of assorted letters and bills that we used with the Fujitsu ScanSnap S510. The HP ScanJet N6310 needed 3 minutes 25 seconds to scan the documents, and another 2 minutes 12 seconds to turn the images into searchable files. This is significantly longer than the Fujitsu.
The quality is good though, and even complicated magazine pages gave the HP ScanJet N6310 no problems. Here it did trump the Fujitsu, even if we would have liked to have had a faster mode.
When you scan documents as image files you get a little more versatility and the ability to crank up the speed. And the HP ScanJet N6310's built-in flatbed allows you to work with delicate material that you'd rather not see being sucked through the mechanism.
While quality is very good for documents, you won't want to make frequent use of the HP ScanJet N6310 as a full-fledged flatbed. Speed is very good, requiring just 27 seconds to reproduce an A4 picture at a resolution of 300dpi, but the scan reproduction is lacking at the top end.
Colours aren't entirely faithful, and compared to many a standalone flatbed we've seen, the end product simply isn't good enough. The HP ScanJet N6310's design is also slightly flawed, with a heavy lid frequently crashing down before we had the document in place.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileNSW
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Executive - PersonalisationOther
- FTChange Lead, SalesforceOther
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCLSS BPMN Process Improvement AnalystVIC
- FTPayments Solution DesignerNSW
- CCProject AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer - MULTIPLE ROLESQLD
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- FTOffice Manager | Start-up | Global Cloud ProviderVIC
- FTJunior Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior AngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTITIL Service ManagementSA
- FTTechnical Product ArchitectQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Cloud InfrastructureQLD
- CCF5 Operational Support EngineerWA
- CCArchitect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTEcommerce Technical ManagerNSW