Hewlett-Packard Australia sb21
- Small size, quick, easy setup
- Loud during operation, no printed manual
If you have to lug a projector from meeting to meeting all day, HP's sb21 Digital Projector is a great bet, due to its diminutive size and presentation functions.
Price$ 2,475.00 (AUD)
HP's sb21 Digital Projector is clearly pitched at a mobile presenter. It's one of the smallest projectors we've ever seen, weighing in at just 1.2kg and measuring a tiny 14 x 20 x 6cm. The packaging even includes a small setup card explaining how to configure some common notebook models to switch output to the VGA port in order to drive the projector.
The sb21 features a grey, white and silver chassis with a minimalist rear panel offering just a power connector, standard DVI port and proprietary mini connectors for S-Video and composite input. All the connections to the projector are handled via supplied cables, and the unit ships with a VGA/USB to DVI adapter, an S-Video cable and a composite connector. The bundled remote control mirrors the colour scheme and includes a laser pointer for use during presentations, and can even control a slideshow directly, as well as adjusting keystone and zoom options.
The DLP-based unit features a 1000 ANSI lumen brightness rating, matched to an 1800:1 contrast ratio. It has a native resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and can scale 1080i content to fit the screen. In operation, the machine has no problem with brightness, but the tone variations are a little wide for accurate DVD reproduction.
The unit features two telescopic legs (one on the front, and one at the rear), which allows for slight adjustment of image angle, and a tripod mount is included in the base. The tweaking options are relatively limited. However, this shouldn't be a problem during operation as the machine is designed to run off a table in a boardroom, and on the upside, limited adjustments speed setup time. The unit doesn't come with a printed manual; HP instead has opted for a CD-based digital one.
The front, rear and side panels are vented, but the small physical size of the unit limits the fan dimensions, so the internal cooling systems have to work overtime to keep the lamp running at an acceptable temperature. During operation, the sb21 emits a roar that's distracting for watching home movies, but it's fine for a presentation.
The HP sp21 Digital Projector is covered for two years under warranty, which will see the machine through countless demo or presentation sessions, and the diminutive size makes it attractive for anyone in a mobile sales role.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistNSW
- FTVBA DeveloperOther
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCGenesys Specialist - SME - TelcoVIC
- CCChange specialist OR Junior Change managerNSW
- FTJunior Data AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPProject Manager - Windows 10QLD
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- CC.net developerNSW
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- TPProject Manager - Gold CoastQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst- Windows 10 SOE rollout projectOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- FTFacilities/Capacity EngineerOther
- TPIT Technical WriterNSW
- FTSenior Test AnalystACT
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerOther
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTICT Business AnalystACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD