Hewlett-Packard Australia sb21
- Small size, quick, easy setup
- Loud during operation, no printed manual
If you have to lug a projector from meeting to meeting all day, HP's sb21 Digital Projector is a great bet, due to its diminutive size and presentation functions.
Price$ 2,475.00 (AUD)
HP's sb21 Digital Projector is clearly pitched at a mobile presenter. It's one of the smallest projectors we've ever seen, weighing in at just 1.2kg and measuring a tiny 14 x 20 x 6cm. The packaging even includes a small setup card explaining how to configure some common notebook models to switch output to the VGA port in order to drive the projector.
The sb21 features a grey, white and silver chassis with a minimalist rear panel offering just a power connector, standard DVI port and proprietary mini connectors for S-Video and composite input. All the connections to the projector are handled via supplied cables, and the unit ships with a VGA/USB to DVI adapter, an S-Video cable and a composite connector. The bundled remote control mirrors the colour scheme and includes a laser pointer for use during presentations, and can even control a slideshow directly, as well as adjusting keystone and zoom options.
The DLP-based unit features a 1000 ANSI lumen brightness rating, matched to an 1800:1 contrast ratio. It has a native resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and can scale 1080i content to fit the screen. In operation, the machine has no problem with brightness, but the tone variations are a little wide for accurate DVD reproduction.
The unit features two telescopic legs (one on the front, and one at the rear), which allows for slight adjustment of image angle, and a tripod mount is included in the base. The tweaking options are relatively limited. However, this shouldn't be a problem during operation as the machine is designed to run off a table in a boardroom, and on the upside, limited adjustments speed setup time. The unit doesn't come with a printed manual; HP instead has opted for a CD-based digital one.
The front, rear and side panels are vented, but the small physical size of the unit limits the fan dimensions, so the internal cooling systems have to work overtime to keep the lamp running at an acceptable temperature. During operation, the sb21 emits a roar that's distracting for watching home movies, but it's fine for a presentation.
The HP sp21 Digital Projector is covered for two years under warranty, which will see the machine through countless demo or presentation sessions, and the diminutive size makes it attractive for anyone in a mobile sales role.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project Manager - Financial MarketsVIC
- FTContract Obligations Manager - Telco - 2 year Max Term - Nth SydneyNSW
- FTData Analyst/ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Storage Specialist - NetApp Storage and Cisco IP-SANVIC
- FTChief Technology OfficerSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTWeb Developer - HTML / CSS / SASSOther
- TPSenior Project Manager: ApplicationsQLD
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTCompliance Analyst - Anti Money Laundering & CTFOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystQLD
- FTBI Solution DesignerNSW
- FTOnsite Support Engineer (sys admin)Other
- TPLead Engineer - .Net / XamarinQLD
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearning SpecialistNSW
- FTDeveloper - PERLOther
- FTCloud Platform ArchitectOther
- FTInfrastructure Delivery ManagerOther
- FTGreenfield Implementation SAP IS-U DM | SAP IS-U DM | SAP ECOther
- CCScrum Master - Online DigitalVIC
- FTSales Support and Administration OfficerOther