Hewlett-Packard Australia Photosmart D7160
- Easy to use interface
- Colours appear washed out and grainy
In a sea of inkjet competitors, the Photosmart D7160 stands out for its conveniences and its superior photo prints. Though some comparable printers may cost less or print a little faster, this would still be a good buy.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
HP packs the Photosmart D7160 with everything you need to print photos, including the ability to print directly from a variety of media cards. HP also bundles its useful Photosmart Premier editing software and its Creative Templates for designing albums and other pieces.
The control panel that manages all of these features is easy to use. Though the symbolic labels are harder to understand than words, the buttons are arranged logically. A helpful touch: Basic tasks are covered in the Quick Start Guide. The design includes conveniences like an input tray that slides out to make loading paper easier. The output tray, which extends from the top of the input tray, is usable but quite flimsy.
Many nice details help this printer stand out a bit from the pack. You can adjust the 2.4-inch LCD's angle to anywhere between 0 and 90 degrees for viewing comfort. Handles on the printer's sides make it easy to move. The impressively comprehensive paper User Guide is actually better than the HTML-based guide.
In our tests, the Photosmart D7160 produced capable speeds and generally good print quality. It managed a midrange text-printing speed of 7.5 pages per minute, and it was among the fastest models in our March 2007 issue roundup at printing graphics and photos. Though the printer is equipped with six inks--black, yellow, light cyan, cyan, light magenta, and magenta--plain-paper prints of text and images were merely adequate: text looked charcoal grey rather than black, though it was generally crisp; colours appeared washed out and very grainy. Glossy paper improved matters, yielding smoother images and more-natural-looking colours, though dark areas lost detail.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution Designer l Skype for Business Solutions l SydneyACT
- FTPMO Analyst BIWA
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- CCTRIM Support OfficerWA
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTDevelopers (VB.Net/C#.Net)SA
- FTWireless Solution Architect - 6mth ContractOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- FTLevel 2 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Delivery Project Manager, Digital, AdvertisingOther
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTDomain ArchitectOther
- FTPortfolio Manager/ Process Methodology Manager.Other
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- FTTelco Core Network Support EngineerOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTMobile Applications DeveloperACT
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- FTProgram ManagerOther