Hewlett-Packard Australia Photosmart 3310 All-in-One
- Good all around printing
- No CD/DVD printing
We like the photo quality of this unit’s output as well as its speed, versatility and connectivity options. The only thing missing is the ability to print directly onto CDs and DVDs.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
HP's Photosmart 3310 all-in-one device is a well-rounded imaging solution for the home - it can print, scan, copy and fax documents and it's very easy to use. Even if you don't have a PC you can use the 3310 as a stand-alone fax and copy machine and you can also print images directly from a digital camera or memory card.
Significantly, this model has six individual ink cartridges for printing photos, which are located just under the front-panel of the unit. The cartridges supply ink to the print head through tubes. These cartridges are easy to install and cost $14 each, except for the black and magenta ones, which cost $29 and $15 respectively. How long these last will depend on the type and frequency of your printing as well as the print size.
In our tests, borderless photo prints in "Best" quality mode looked vivid and crisp and they came out quickly: a 6x4 borderless print took 1min 50sec, while an A4 borderless print took 3min 9sec. An A4-sized scan at 300dpi with the "Descreen" filter turned on (to remove moire patterning) took only 40sec. The colour accuracy and detail level of the scan was very good. The 3310 will only handle one function at a time, so you can't print and scan simultaneously.
A 2.5in screen lets you view pictures directly from a memory card, as well as view and edit a document's layout before copying it. The screen will even let you print off single frames from captured videos.
The 3310 comes with Ethernet and Wi-Fi. We had no problem printing through our 802.11g network, which the printer detected straight away.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- TPieMR Program Director - Gold CoastQLD
- FTSystems/Business AnalystACT
- FTSecurity Analyst - Operational SupportOther
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- TPIT Technical WriterNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTSolution Architect/Designer - Telecom IndustryOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- CCRegulatory Project ManagerNSW
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectOther
- FTOperations Process Improvement ManagerOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileVIC
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther