Hewlett-Packard Australia OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One
- Wide array of connectivity options, Good design, All round good unit.
- Less than impressive colour scanning,
Whether you're connecting wirelessly to print and scan, or just making copies, the HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One delivers fine quality and excellent paper handling.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One has all the features of
Priced at the higher end of the scale, the unit offers the following in return for the added investment: wireless networking, a 2.5-inch color LCD, a duplexer, an additional paper tray, and a bigger scanning area. While you can hook the 7410 up to a single PC via its USB port or plug it into the office ethernet, the unit's built-in Wi-Fi will makes it appeal most to a workgroup of notebook users who aren't tied to their desks.
Besides providing printing and scanning functions, the 7410 offers stand-alone faxing and a 50-sheet automatic document feeder that makes multipage copying easier. The 7410 can fax in color, and it can hold 150 A4 pages in memory for incoming faxes, in case the paper runs out while you're not there. To print photos without a computer, you can either attach a PictBridge-compatible digital camera to the 7410's direct-print port or slide your camera's memory card into one of four slots, which between them are capable of reading all the major formats. The 7410 doesn't let you read images from a USB flash drive attached to the direct-print port, but you can plug in a Bluetooth adapter that lets you print from suitably equipped phones and PDAs.
The 2.5-inch color LCD is a major improvement over the
The 7210's optional 250-sheet paper tray comes standard with the 7410, giving it a maximum capacity of 400 sheets of plain paper. The duplexer lets you save paper by automatically printing on both sides. While most of the 7410's rivals have letter-size scanning beds, this unit lets you lay down books and documents up to legal size.
Out of the box, the 7410 comes with a pigment-black cartridge designed for high-quality text and a tricolor cartridge. However, you can print with up to six inks by swapping out the pigment black cartridge and substituting a photo color cartridge containing light cyan, light magenta, and a dye-based black. For printing black-and-white photos, HP offers a photo-gray cartridge.
The 7410 is a capable printer, especially when printing black-and-white documents with its pigment ink. We saw nice, dense text with relatively sharp edges. Our challenging line-art test was almost flawless, with just a little horizontal banding that looked more like a wavy watermark. Prints of color graphics weren't quite as good: Images looked a little fuzzy, with slightly dull colors. Using all six inks on glossy paper gave us wonderful photos, with natural-looking skin tones, vivid colors, and superb shadow detail. This isn't the fastest inkjet printer, but results of 6.9 pages per minute for text and 2.1 ppm for graphics do place it above the norm. Our color photo printed on letter-size glossy paper in a speedy 67 seconds.
Our tests showed an excellent result for the 7410's scan of our monochrome-resolution test chart. However, when scanning color photos and text documents more like those it will encounter in everyday use, the unit performed less well. Scan speed was not especially fast, with our 4-by-5-inch color photomontage taking 11 seconds (not including the preview). As a copier, the 7410 was both fast and precise.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- FTDesign Delivery Manager - Civil Engineering Background X2Other
- CCTechnical Specialist - Java/OSB/BPELVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTApplication Security Specialist - penetration testing requiredOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - NetworkingOther
- FTHelpdesk Support Officer (Lv1/Lv2)SA
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- FTService Request ManagerSA
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro services URGENTOther
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCProgrammer Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- CCWindows 10 Deployment Team LeadVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW