Hewlett-Packard Australia OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One
- Wide array of connectivity options, Good design, All round good unit.
- Less than impressive colour scanning,
Whether you're connecting wirelessly to print and scan, or just making copies, the HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One delivers fine quality and excellent paper handling.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One has all the features of
Priced at the higher end of the scale, the unit offers the following in return for the added investment: wireless networking, a 2.5-inch color LCD, a duplexer, an additional paper tray, and a bigger scanning area. While you can hook the 7410 up to a single PC via its USB port or plug it into the office ethernet, the unit's built-in Wi-Fi will makes it appeal most to a workgroup of notebook users who aren't tied to their desks.
Besides providing printing and scanning functions, the 7410 offers stand-alone faxing and a 50-sheet automatic document feeder that makes multipage copying easier. The 7410 can fax in color, and it can hold 150 A4 pages in memory for incoming faxes, in case the paper runs out while you're not there. To print photos without a computer, you can either attach a PictBridge-compatible digital camera to the 7410's direct-print port or slide your camera's memory card into one of four slots, which between them are capable of reading all the major formats. The 7410 doesn't let you read images from a USB flash drive attached to the direct-print port, but you can plug in a Bluetooth adapter that lets you print from suitably equipped phones and PDAs.
The 2.5-inch color LCD is a major improvement over the
The 7210's optional 250-sheet paper tray comes standard with the 7410, giving it a maximum capacity of 400 sheets of plain paper. The duplexer lets you save paper by automatically printing on both sides. While most of the 7410's rivals have letter-size scanning beds, this unit lets you lay down books and documents up to legal size.
Out of the box, the 7410 comes with a pigment-black cartridge designed for high-quality text and a tricolor cartridge. However, you can print with up to six inks by swapping out the pigment black cartridge and substituting a photo color cartridge containing light cyan, light magenta, and a dye-based black. For printing black-and-white photos, HP offers a photo-gray cartridge.
The 7410 is a capable printer, especially when printing black-and-white documents with its pigment ink. We saw nice, dense text with relatively sharp edges. Our challenging line-art test was almost flawless, with just a little horizontal banding that looked more like a wavy watermark. Prints of color graphics weren't quite as good: Images looked a little fuzzy, with slightly dull colors. Using all six inks on glossy paper gave us wonderful photos, with natural-looking skin tones, vivid colors, and superb shadow detail. This isn't the fastest inkjet printer, but results of 6.9 pages per minute for text and 2.1 ppm for graphics do place it above the norm. Our color photo printed on letter-size glossy paper in a speedy 67 seconds.
Our tests showed an excellent result for the 7410's scan of our monochrome-resolution test chart. However, when scanning color photos and text documents more like those it will encounter in everyday use, the unit performed less well. Scan speed was not especially fast, with our 4-by-5-inch color photomontage taking 11 seconds (not including the preview). As a copier, the 7410 was both fast and precise.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTQA EngineerNSW
- FTFeature Team Lead - paying $725 per dayOther
- CCSenior Splunk DeveoperVIC
- FTTest Analyst - RiskOther
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- CCBRM Developer - Billing and ReportingVIC
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- CCServer Support Specialist - WindowsNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack Developer - Blue Chip CompanyOther
- FTSystems Engineer - Ticketing Support - Office365 / ExchangeOther
- FTBI Solution DesignerNSW
- CCHelpdesk TechnicianNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- FTRisk Manager x 2Other
- FTSenior Business Analyst (IAM & Cyber Security)Other
- FTGreenfield Implementation SAP IS-U DM | SAP IS-U DM | SAP ECOther
- CCiOS DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Mobile AppsOther
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- CCTandem Systems SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PEGAOther
- CCDigital DesignerNSW