Hewlett-Packard Australia LaserJet M1120 MFP
- Impressive colour scanning results, low price
- Memory can't be upgraded, input and output trays can't be increased, not very fast print speeds, lacklustre copying
Should your business need to add scanning to basic mono print facilities, the HP LaserJet M1120 MFP will cover both tasks with reasonable aplomb. It's not super fast, and you won't want to rely on it for huge print jobs, but for running off a few text documents it'll more than suffice. Should you not need scanning, though, you can find better dedicated printers elsewhere.
Price$ 320.00 (AUD)
Tall and boxy, the HP LaserJet M1120 MFP looks more like an oversized paper shredder than a fully fledged multifunction printer.
Not that the majority of the target audience (small and home businesses) will be deterred by this. Indeed, given that you get a full mono laser printer, scanner and copier for just $320, customers are likely to forgive the HP LaserJet M1120 MFP its rather basic looks.
Here we've reviewed the standard HP LaserJet M1120 MFP. However, you can buy an additional model, the M1120n, which comes with a built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet port. The extra cost is likely to amount to just $35, so upgrading to this would seem an obvious move for the typical small business.
Otherwise though, the HP LaserJet M1120 MFP's low asking price doesn't allow for much in the way of advanced features. You don't get any fax or automatic duplexing facilities, for instance.
The HP LaserJet M1120 MFP's standard 32MB of memory can't be upgraded. Neither can you improve on the 250 and 125 input and output trays. But then, those needing to produce high volumes of documents will almost certainly feel the need to go for something with a little more clout.
The HP LaserJet M1120 MFP's text output is of a very decent quality. Prints aren't the darkest, but the letters are clearly formed and documents will typically look extremely professional.
The MFD can turn its hand to mono graphics as well, and the results here are generally clean. The HP LaserJet M1120 MFP is perhaps not the fastest mono laser available, but its rate of 16.2 pages per minute (ppm) should be adequate for most.The HP LaserJet M1120 MFP is a healthy 4.3ppm faster than the $149.00 HL-2140, for instance.
The HP LaserJet M1120 MFP's 24-bit colour scanning component is also pretty decent, churning out an A4 image at 300dpi in just under 16 seconds – 52 seconds was needed for 600dpi.
Even at 300dpi, we were impressed by the amount of colour and detail offered by the HP LaserJet M1120 MFP.
We can't be as enthusiastic about the HP LaserJet M1120 MFP's copying facilities though, and the results here are surprisingly lacklustre.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTManual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- FTSenior Test Analyst (VIC)Other
- FTApplication Support SpecialistVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- FTDigital Product OwnerOther
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTNetwork Integration SpecialistOther
- CCRegulatory Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTAxiomSL Technical ConsultantOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- FTSenior Analyst, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC