Hewlett-Packard Australia Laserjet 2600n
- Compact and lightweight, good quality text printing.
- Poor colour printing, too slow, high cost per page.
Given the 2600n's high costs per page and lagging print speeds, consider spending more for the much faster and more efficient Dell 3000cn.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The HP Color LaserJet 2600n is easy to maintain and is best suited for a small workgroup with modest demands. Lightweight at only 18.4 kilograms, the printer is also compact and should squeeze into the most cramped of workspaces.
The 2600n's paper drawer holds up to 250 sheets of plain paper. For an extra cost, you can add a second 250-sheet tray, which might be handy for printing your letterhead, but hardly turns this unit into a high-capacity workhorse. No optional duplexer is available; however, the 2600dn includes this feature.
The 2600n printed some of the sharpest-looking text we've seen, albeit slowly, at 6.8 ppm. On plain paper, colour images looked grainy with lots of banding. Colours were oversaturated and skin tones had an unnatural orange tint. Glossy photos looked slightly greenish, a little grainy, and had faint banding.
The four toner cartridges are the only replaceable parts, and they slide easily into individual slots behind the fold-down front door of the printer. The 2600n comes with full-capacity cartridges, though their rated capacities are modest: just 2500 pages for the black cartridge, and 2000 pages for the color cartridges. The 2600n has the highest estimated costs per page of any printer in our tested group: 2.9 cents per monochrome page and 14.9 cents per color page.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA
- FTSecurity Analyst - Operational SupportOther
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)NSW
- TPCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTRigger TechniciansOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- CCLevel 1 and 2 Help Desk OfficerQLD
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio Insights and Delivery ConsultantVIC
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Improvement Specialist (Six Sigma Green belt) - Contract - North SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- CC.net DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital BAOther