Hewlett-Packard Australia Laserjet 2600n
- Compact and lightweight, good quality text printing.
- Poor colour printing, too slow, high cost per page.
Given the 2600n's high costs per page and lagging print speeds, consider spending more for the much faster and more efficient Dell 3000cn.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The HP Color LaserJet 2600n is easy to maintain and is best suited for a small workgroup with modest demands. Lightweight at only 18.4 kilograms, the printer is also compact and should squeeze into the most cramped of workspaces.
The 2600n's paper drawer holds up to 250 sheets of plain paper. For an extra cost, you can add a second 250-sheet tray, which might be handy for printing your letterhead, but hardly turns this unit into a high-capacity workhorse. No optional duplexer is available; however, the 2600dn includes this feature.
The 2600n printed some of the sharpest-looking text we've seen, albeit slowly, at 6.8 ppm. On plain paper, colour images looked grainy with lots of banding. Colours were oversaturated and skin tones had an unnatural orange tint. Glossy photos looked slightly greenish, a little grainy, and had faint banding.
The four toner cartridges are the only replaceable parts, and they slide easily into individual slots behind the fold-down front door of the printer. The 2600n comes with full-capacity cartridges, though their rated capacities are modest: just 2500 pages for the black cartridge, and 2000 pages for the color cartridges. The 2600n has the highest estimated costs per page of any printer in our tested group: 2.9 cents per monochrome page and 14.9 cents per color page.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSAP PI/PO Integration LeadOther
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- FTInfoSphere SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- CCSharePoint ArchitectNSW
- TPProgram ManagerACT
- TPSystem AnalystACT
- FTSenior BANSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTGraduate Data Scientist/ Data AnalystWA
- FTProject Analyst / Project SpecialistOther
- CCAutomation Engineer/ Linux DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTCyber Security Technical LeadSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerVIC
- FTDatabase Designer and AdministratorOther
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- FTNetwork Engineers IMS Platform and HLR\HSS systems experienceOther
- TPICT Manager | Business SystemsVIC
- FTData Migration Lead- ECS.106, ETL & SAPOther
- TPMS Dynamics CRM AdministratorACT