Hewlett-Packard Australia Laserjet 2600n
- Compact and lightweight, good quality text printing.
- Poor colour printing, too slow, high cost per page.
Given the 2600n's high costs per page and lagging print speeds, consider spending more for the much faster and more efficient Dell 3000cn.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The HP Color LaserJet 2600n is easy to maintain and is best suited for a small workgroup with modest demands. Lightweight at only 18.4 kilograms, the printer is also compact and should squeeze into the most cramped of workspaces.
The 2600n's paper drawer holds up to 250 sheets of plain paper. For an extra cost, you can add a second 250-sheet tray, which might be handy for printing your letterhead, but hardly turns this unit into a high-capacity workhorse. No optional duplexer is available; however, the 2600dn includes this feature.
The 2600n printed some of the sharpest-looking text we've seen, albeit slowly, at 6.8 ppm. On plain paper, colour images looked grainy with lots of banding. Colours were oversaturated and skin tones had an unnatural orange tint. Glossy photos looked slightly greenish, a little grainy, and had faint banding.
The four toner cartridges are the only replaceable parts, and they slide easily into individual slots behind the fold-down front door of the printer. The 2600n comes with full-capacity cartridges, though their rated capacities are modest: just 2500 pages for the black cartridge, and 2000 pages for the color cartridges. The 2600n has the highest estimated costs per page of any printer in our tested group: 2.9 cents per monochrome page and 14.9 cents per color page.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | SaaS FintechOther
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- CCMultiple Project Coordinators - TelcoVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTCX Lead/Customer experience/Customer marketingOther
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- CCBlack Belt - Improvement ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - ERPQLD
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- TPInfrastructre Architect | Appian BPM SoftwareQLD
- TPTest ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance TesterSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantOther
- CCDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- FTPractice Director Quality Assurance – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- CCOn-boarding SpecialistNSW