Hewlett-Packard Australia Compaq TC4400
- Great battery life, Nice design
This unit doesn't come cheap and for the price you might expect better performance. However, its battery life was excellent and it's a well designed machine with good functionaility.
Price$ 3,899.00 (AUD)
A convertible tablet PC with a thoughtful design and long battery life, the Hewlett-Packard Compaq TC4400 should please tablet users in the market for a robust system. However, its steep price may deter some people.
Using the included stylus in tablet mode to make handwritten notes on the 12.1in screen was easy and thanks to conveniently placed buttons on the right side, switching the screen to tabloid view was a cinch.
To further assist tablet lovers, HP has situated the fingerprint reader on the top of the screen when it's in tablet mode. And a dedicated key for the Ctrl+Alt+Del function helps users make a quick restart without having to switch to notebook mode.
As a notebook, the TC4400 works well. Its keyboard was easy to type on, and the system comes with plenty of ports, including three for USB 2.0, VGA and one for S-Video, as well as microphone and heaphone jacks. It also has a single PC card I/II slot.
In our performance tests, the TC4400 turned in good results. It aced the battery-life test, running for almost six hours under a basic productivity cycle. With its 1.8GHz Core Duo T2400 processor, 80GB hard disk and 1GB of RAM, the TC4400 mustered a score of only 84 in our World Bench 5 test suite, which is on par performance compared with similar systems.
All the usual connectivity options are supported, with 802.11 a/b/g, gigabit Ethernet and a 50Kbps modem. Bluetooth and infrared are both also present.
Weighing 2.2kg (without PSU), the TC4400 is about average size for a tablet. It also lacks a built-in optical drive, which is an extra $375 for a DVD-RW. Add that cost to the base price of $3899 and it's a fairly expensive purchase.
Still, for a well-designed notebook with seamless tablet functionality, some users may find that cost acceptable.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- TP.Net ArchitectQLD
- CCNetwork Planner - TelcoVIC
- FTProcess Specialist x 2Other
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCService Management SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceSA
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTRESTful services - Senior Tech LeadACT
- TPSharePoint Business AnalystVIC
- FTMultiple SOC Analyst RolesOther
- FTBI Service Operations LeadOther
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Solution Architect - Data CentreACT
- CCDatabase AnalystNSW
- CCTRIM Support OfficerWA
- CCPenetration TesterNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst – Office 365 ProjectOther
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW