Hewlett-Packard Australia Color LaserJet 2700n
- Build quality, 350 sheet capacity, RAM can be upgraded, can be connected to a network
- A little pricey, some colour shades were exaggerated
A robust printer with network support and excellent opportunities for expansion, the 2700dn is also extremely fast. Colour reproduction could be more accurate, but for offices with a little less to spend, the 2700 merits attention.
Price$ 1,225.00 (AUD)
Recent price drops in the colour laser market have been so severe that Hewlett-Packard's LaserJet 2700 seems almost expensive compared with the likes of the Konica Minolta Magicolor. But the HP has a few tricks up its sleeve to woo potential buyers.
Physically, it's hard to fault the 2700 - it both looks and feels like a proper piece of office equipment. The paper trays are robust, and the feeding mechanism rarely misbehaved in testing. In fact, the paper input is part of the reason why you might want to spend some extra cash on this product.
While the Konica Minolta can take only 200 sheets - and with no expansion facilities - the 2700 can handle 350 as standard, and an extra 500-sheet tray is available as an accessory. And it's not only the paper facilities that are above average. The installed RAM is twice what you'd expect from a model in this price range, and you can upgrade this still further.
If all you want is a colour laser that can do light print jobs, a good £200 model will suffice. However, should your needs demand something with a little more grunt, the HP is up to heavier printing duties. And it can be connected to the network, making it an ideal purchase for small businesses.
The HP scores something of a first, in that the quoted mono print speed of 20ppm (pages per minute) was actually matched in real-world testing. Characters were clearly defined and fairly sharp - if just a touch faint. It's a fast printer on colour too, and even though the real-world speed is only half that of the quoted figure, this is still very impressive.
Colour prints were fairly exciting to look at, although some shades were rather exaggerated. The Dell 3110cn was more accurate in its reproduction, and the Magicolor 2500W was at least as effective. However, compared with most of the printers at this price range and below, the HP scores well.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical Support SpecialistACT
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCApplications PackagerNSW
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- TPSAP S/4HANA Implementation Project Manager - FMCGVIC
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- CCNetwork Data AdminVIC
- FTTelco Core Network Support EngineerOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Leading TelcoOther
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)VIC
- FTSenior Tester - HardwareOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Oracle ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointQLD