So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Harman Kardon DVD37
- Excellent audio support, attractive design, great range of connections
- Very pricey
The DVD-37 is a good fit for a high-end home entertainment system. Those who can afford it won't be disappointed by its quality.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Harman/Kardon DVD37 is a high-end DVD player, designed to be used with similarly high-end audio and visual equipment. With its impressive range of video and audio connections, this is a player aimed squarely at advanced users, although its streamlined interface and great functionality make it a solid choice for anyone in need of a DVD player.
DVD playback worked well, and the DVD37 has all the features expected of high-end a DVD player. We tested the player using its HDMI, Component and Composite connections, and its quality was excellent. The HDMI port can output resolutions up to 720p and 1080i, delivering a sharp and clear image in these modes. In addition to HDMI, Component and Composite ports, the player also has S-Video.
Audio is one of the DVD37's real strengths though, with digital output being offered via coaxial, optical, and of course, HDMI connections. The player also has connections for 6-channel surround sound, and is compatible with major surround sound formats, including Dolby Digital and DTS. When connected to the Harman/Kardon HKTS7 speaker system via the Harman/Kardon AVR 645 receiver, we found the audio performance of the entire setup to be excellent, further highlighting how well this player works as one part of a fully-featured home entertainment setup.
Already a great choice for audiophiles, the DVD37 also provides support for the DVD-Audio MLP lossless format. It delivers excellent sound quality with impressive bass, due to the player's inbuilt bass management system.
The DVD37's design fits perfectly with its functionality - it's sleek and intuitive. A well laid-out, backlit remote control makes operating the player a breeze, and the simple menu system allows for quick and easy configuration of the player's settings. The back panel, which sports an absolute mountain of inputs and outputs, is closely packed without being cramped, while the front panel is slim and streamlined with an unobtrusive LED display.
The DVD37 is a great purchase due to its functionality and it worked very well in our tests. With excellent audio performance and a huge range of connections, the unit is perfectly suited to users looking for a high-end DVD player for their home entertainment setup. Although slightly expensive, discerning users will find it a welcome addition to their living room.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- JBL confirm Link Bar for ANZ
- Kogan open pre-orders for new cheap OLED TV
- Kogan launches new affordable Smart TV range
- Sonos One finally gets Australian Alexa support
- Fetch TV and Netflix Expand Partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Overwatch Devs celebrate Anniversary event by sharing insights into the game's future
- Nokia 8 Sirocco review: Full, in-depth review
- HTC promise more Edge Sense and a better camera with the HTC U12+
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies