H&M Software StudioLine Photo 2.10
With strong editing tools, a thumbnail preview pane, sharing and online uploading and an integrated link so files can be sent direct to an online print shop, this is an excellent program.
Price$ None (AUD)
Titularly speaking, it's reminiscent of both a cheap 'n' cheerful clothes store and an Eighties hair product - but these aren't StudioLine's only plus points.
For starters, you can name image files and folders as you wish, and add information such as when and where a shot was taken, so tracking down that snap of Aunt Dora with her long-lost sister becomes a doddle. In fact, the Descriptor dialog panel can be jam-packed with detail.
The effective editing tools are backed up with huge thumbnail previews. Double-click on a picture and a screen splitter appears in the image viewer that lets you see before and after effects.
We sharpened a fuzzy snap of a duck taken using too much zoom and watched the transformation occur as we dragged the Sharpen slider bar. Impressive. When you've applied an edit to an image, StudioLine tags its thumbnail with an icon indicating the tool last applied and the strength used. There's also a drop-down history pane listing the other changes.
In fact, StudioLine provides exceptionally useful and in-context information via pop-up help panes at every stage so there's little need to root around Help menus. The tools are easy to locate and apply and you can customise the onscreen setup by docking and undocking tools that you commonly or rarely use. Once it's got an image in its archive, StudioLine automatically saves edited files separately from the original so you don't need to worry about accidentally overwriting it - a nifty provision making for easy recovery of unwittingly ruined files.
StudioLine has more than basic editing features, with tools such as history/action tracking. This ensures your end-product is as detailed as the original.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- TPSenior Project Manager (CRIM)VIC
- CCIdentity & Access Management AnalystVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerOther
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- FTProject Manager - SAP PPMOther
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- FTSystems AnalystACT
- TPProject Manager - Enterpries NetworksVIC
- CCUser Research - QualitativeACT
- FTNet DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++ and NodeQLD
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTPrincipal Architect/ConsultantOther
- TPSenior Instructional Designer/TrainerQLD
- FTSr Integration Architect - next year startACT
- TPProject Manager - 3 days per weekQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior NPM DeveloperNSW
- FT3 X Project Managers - Financial ServicesOther
- FTOffice 365 Technical SpecialistOther
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC