Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV
An LCD TV with a built-in DVD player and USB video playback
- Reasonable picture quality, integrated DVD player is quick and silent, good USB playback support
- Picture quality isn't as good as the $30 more expensive Grundig GLED2407HDC and neither is power or design
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is an all-in-one LCD TV -- it's got an integrated DVD player and can play plenty of different files over USB. If picture quality and power consumption are more important to you than this versatility, we suggest you take a look at the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC instead.
Price$ 519.00 (AUD)
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is a 22in LCD TV with a built-in DVD player. It's versatile and would make a good addition to a child's room or a cramped home office, but if you don't explicitly need the built-in DVD player we'd go for the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC instead for its superior picture quality, better power efficiency and nicer design.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV: Design, features and power consumption
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is pretty stock-standard as LCD TVs go — it has a piano black bezel that's a bit too thick to look good, especially along the lower edge where the speakers are hidden. Being a traditional CCFL-backlit LCD TV, it's not especially thin. The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV's slot-loading DVD player is on the left side, hidden slightly out of the way. It's quick to operate once you've put a DVD in, and we couldn't hear it over the TV's inbuilt speakers even at low volume levels.
If you don't want to watch a DVD, the Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV can also play a wide range of media files back through its side-mounted USB port. As well as AAC and MP3 music files and JPEG photos, you can also play DivX and MPG4 movies — the two most common formats for downloaded movies and TV shows.
Despite the Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV's CCFL backlight, it consumes a relatively small amount of power for its screen size and has a six star energy rating. We ran it for an hour and took an average power reading of 39W — not as low as the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC, which also has a larger screen, but impressive nonetheless.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV: Picture quality
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV has acceptable picture quality, but it's nothing special. Its 1680x1050pixel resolution means it's not able to display the full amount of detail from a Blu-ray movie or HD digital TV broadcast, but there's no unwanted blurriness or excessive loss of quality when watching these formats. We watched The Dark Knight and Speed Racer, and found picture quality to be generally good. The screen may not have the same pop as the Vanto GLED2407HDC but most viewers will be happy with it. We did notice a small amount of detail lost in bright and dark areas of the screen.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV: Conclusion
Grundig's Misuro GLCD2208HDV is a good product for an all-in-one TV — its DVD player works perfectly and the USB input is a boon for watching downloaded videos. Picture quality is a step behind the LED-backlit [artnid:382632|Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC]] though, so if you want a small TV and it's got to look good, look there first.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
- Hands on: Blade's Shadow cloud gaming service can be a bumpy ride
- How to create an insane multiple monitor setup with three, four, or more displays
- Intel ships new Spectre patches: Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake now, Sandy Bridge next
- In Pictures: A Hands-On First Look At The Fujifilm X-H1
- Crossing Souls review: A retro-adventure that embraces the past but doesn't learn from it
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPEL1 Data AnalystACT
- FTTest LeadNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerNSW
- FT2 X Graduate roles - Exciting opportunityQLD
- FTNetwork Engineers IMS Platform and HLR\HSS systems experienceOther
- FTSAP Finance Project ManagerOther
- TPProject Manager. Software Service.NSW
- FTData / Reporting SpecialistACT
- FTAgile CoachOther
- CCSenior Network Engineer - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- FTProject Officer / Project Scheduler - Gold Coast BasedOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Test AnalystsACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InfrastructureVIC
- CCWindows System Admin with IIS - Insurance ClientQLD
- CCProject Manager -AgileWA
- FTApplications Specialist Team LeadOther
- FTFrontend Developer - Angular4/FirebaseNSW
- FTNetwork Support Engineer - Level 2/3NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Mobile AppsOther
- CCLinux DevOps Engineer - Cloud platformVIC
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- FTMarketing Programs CoordinatorNSW