So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV
An LCD TV with a built-in DVD player and USB video playback
- Reasonable picture quality, integrated DVD player is quick and silent, good USB playback support
- Picture quality isn't as good as the $30 more expensive Grundig GLED2407HDC and neither is power or design
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is an all-in-one LCD TV -- it's got an integrated DVD player and can play plenty of different files over USB. If picture quality and power consumption are more important to you than this versatility, we suggest you take a look at the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC instead.
Price$ 519.00 (AUD)
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is a 22in LCD TV with a built-in DVD player. It's versatile and would make a good addition to a child's room or a cramped home office, but if you don't explicitly need the built-in DVD player we'd go for the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC instead for its superior picture quality, better power efficiency and nicer design.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV: Design, features and power consumption
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is pretty stock-standard as LCD TVs go — it has a piano black bezel that's a bit too thick to look good, especially along the lower edge where the speakers are hidden. Being a traditional CCFL-backlit LCD TV, it's not especially thin. The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV's slot-loading DVD player is on the left side, hidden slightly out of the way. It's quick to operate once you've put a DVD in, and we couldn't hear it over the TV's inbuilt speakers even at low volume levels.
If you don't want to watch a DVD, the Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV can also play a wide range of media files back through its side-mounted USB port. As well as AAC and MP3 music files and JPEG photos, you can also play DivX and MPG4 movies — the two most common formats for downloaded movies and TV shows.
Despite the Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV's CCFL backlight, it consumes a relatively small amount of power for its screen size and has a six star energy rating. We ran it for an hour and took an average power reading of 39W — not as low as the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC, which also has a larger screen, but impressive nonetheless.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV: Picture quality
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV has acceptable picture quality, but it's nothing special. Its 1680x1050pixel resolution means it's not able to display the full amount of detail from a Blu-ray movie or HD digital TV broadcast, but there's no unwanted blurriness or excessive loss of quality when watching these formats. We watched The Dark Knight and Speed Racer, and found picture quality to be generally good. The screen may not have the same pop as the Vanto GLED2407HDC but most viewers will be happy with it. We did notice a small amount of detail lost in bright and dark areas of the screen.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV: Conclusion
Grundig's Misuro GLCD2208HDV is a good product for an all-in-one TV — its DVD player works perfectly and the USB input is a boon for watching downloaded videos. Picture quality is a step behind the LED-backlit [artnid:382632|Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC]] though, so if you want a small TV and it's got to look good, look there first.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces availability of 2nd Gen Frame TV
- Hisense unveils Designer Collection range in partnership with Harvey Norman
- IFA 2018: TCL unveils first 8K TV, confirms it'll come to Australia in 2019
- IFA 2018: Samsung refresh The Frame
- Samsung and LG are bringing 8K smart TVs to market
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies