Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV
An LCD TV with a built-in DVD player and USB video playback
- Reasonable picture quality, integrated DVD player is quick and silent, good USB playback support
- Picture quality isn't as good as the $30 more expensive Grundig GLED2407HDC and neither is power or design
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is an all-in-one LCD TV -- it's got an integrated DVD player and can play plenty of different files over USB. If picture quality and power consumption are more important to you than this versatility, we suggest you take a look at the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC instead.
Price$ 519.00 (AUD)
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is a 22in LCD TV with a built-in DVD player. It's versatile and would make a good addition to a child's room or a cramped home office, but if you don't explicitly need the built-in DVD player we'd go for the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC instead for its superior picture quality, better power efficiency and nicer design.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV: Design, features and power consumption
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is pretty stock-standard as LCD TVs go — it has a piano black bezel that's a bit too thick to look good, especially along the lower edge where the speakers are hidden. Being a traditional CCFL-backlit LCD TV, it's not especially thin. The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV's slot-loading DVD player is on the left side, hidden slightly out of the way. It's quick to operate once you've put a DVD in, and we couldn't hear it over the TV's inbuilt speakers even at low volume levels.
If you don't want to watch a DVD, the Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV can also play a wide range of media files back through its side-mounted USB port. As well as AAC and MP3 music files and JPEG photos, you can also play DivX and MPG4 movies — the two most common formats for downloaded movies and TV shows.
Despite the Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV's CCFL backlight, it consumes a relatively small amount of power for its screen size and has a six star energy rating. We ran it for an hour and took an average power reading of 39W — not as low as the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC, which also has a larger screen, but impressive nonetheless.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV: Picture quality
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV has acceptable picture quality, but it's nothing special. Its 1680x1050pixel resolution means it's not able to display the full amount of detail from a Blu-ray movie or HD digital TV broadcast, but there's no unwanted blurriness or excessive loss of quality when watching these formats. We watched The Dark Knight and Speed Racer, and found picture quality to be generally good. The screen may not have the same pop as the Vanto GLED2407HDC but most viewers will be happy with it. We did notice a small amount of detail lost in bright and dark areas of the screen.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV: Conclusion
Grundig's Misuro GLCD2208HDV is a good product for an all-in-one TV — its DVD player works perfectly and the USB input is a boon for watching downloaded videos. Picture quality is a step behind the LED-backlit [artnid:382632|Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC]] though, so if you want a small TV and it's got to look good, look there first.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTNetwork SpecialistNSW
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- FTSoftware and Applications Programmer (Java Developer)ACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCUX DeveloperQLD