Griffin TuneBuds mobile
Decent sound and easy call handling
- Audio quality, comfort, ControlMic button
- Cable near connector does look worn after a few days use, treble lacks clarity
Audiophiles won’t be impressed, but many other people will be happy with these convenient and versatile headphones for the iPhone.
With the pending launch of Apple's iPhone 3G around the globe, the demand for iPhone accessories will only increase. Designed for the original iPhone's recessed headphone jack but slotting into any standard 3.5mm headphone jack, Griffin's TuneBuds mobile headphones offer relatively good sound, and are also able to handle phone calls.
The TuneBuds are certainly stylish, with glossy ear buds and a nylon braided cable. The cable feels strong and durable. We did note that when in our pocket, the nature of the 3.5mm jack connector means the cable just above the connector tends to look slightly worn after a few days of use.
The best feature of the TuneBuds is the small ControlMic button, allowing you to answer and reject incoming calls. When a call comes in, the music quietens and the ring tone plays through the headphones. A simple button press answers the call, while holding down the button for two seconds or longer sends it to your voicemail (if this feature is active). Despite only one button being present, you can use it for controlling music playback in addition to handling voice calls — simply press the button once to play or pause the current track, or twice to skip to the next track.
Sound quality is very reasonable, though audiophiles won't be excited. Most people will definitely be pleased, as the audio quality is much better than what you'll get out of the standard iPhone ear buds. Overall, audio is neutral throughout the frequency range, though there is a slight emphasis on the mid-bass range.
Although treble is even, it's a little muffled and does lack clarity; this produces an echoey sound on certain tracks. Bass levels are very good, and the bass gives the music a smooth sound without overpowering any of the instruments.
Comfort is excellent. The included silicone ear cushions work well and Griffin includes three different-sized sets of them in the box. If fitted correctly, your ears will be mostly isolated from outside noise, although there is still a level of audible background noise.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- 3 ways to break your smartphone addiction and get back to work
- Now you can control your smart devices from your Pixel, no Google Home required
- 10 smartphone trends to watch in 2017
- Lenovo won't make Windows 10 phones because it doubts Microsoft's commitment
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- FTNet DeveloperACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTScheduling Specialist - Must have baseline or NV1Other
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCFinance AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTBuild Support OfficerOther
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FT.Net Developers (.Net / C# / Visual Studio)ACT
- FTOperations Orchestration SpecialistACT
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- FTEAI DeveloperVIC
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTPega / BPM DevelopersACT
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- FTIT Audit ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystSA
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantVIC