Griffin TuneBuds mobile
Decent sound and easy call handling
- Audio quality, comfort, ControlMic button
- Cable near connector does look worn after a few days use, treble lacks clarity
Audiophiles won’t be impressed, but many other people will be happy with these convenient and versatile headphones for the iPhone.
With the pending launch of Apple's iPhone 3G around the globe, the demand for iPhone accessories will only increase. Designed for the original iPhone's recessed headphone jack but slotting into any standard 3.5mm headphone jack, Griffin's TuneBuds mobile headphones offer relatively good sound, and are also able to handle phone calls.
The TuneBuds are certainly stylish, with glossy ear buds and a nylon braided cable. The cable feels strong and durable. We did note that when in our pocket, the nature of the 3.5mm jack connector means the cable just above the connector tends to look slightly worn after a few days of use.
The best feature of the TuneBuds is the small ControlMic button, allowing you to answer and reject incoming calls. When a call comes in, the music quietens and the ring tone plays through the headphones. A simple button press answers the call, while holding down the button for two seconds or longer sends it to your voicemail (if this feature is active). Despite only one button being present, you can use it for controlling music playback in addition to handling voice calls — simply press the button once to play or pause the current track, or twice to skip to the next track.
Sound quality is very reasonable, though audiophiles won't be excited. Most people will definitely be pleased, as the audio quality is much better than what you'll get out of the standard iPhone ear buds. Overall, audio is neutral throughout the frequency range, though there is a slight emphasis on the mid-bass range.
Although treble is even, it's a little muffled and does lack clarity; this produces an echoey sound on certain tracks. Bass levels are very good, and the bass gives the music a smooth sound without overpowering any of the instruments.
Comfort is excellent. The included silicone ear cushions work well and Griffin includes three different-sized sets of them in the box. If fitted correctly, your ears will be mostly isolated from outside noise, although there is still a level of audible background noise.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony Commences Android 8.0 Oreo Rollout in New Zealand Starting With Flagship Xperia XZ Premium Smartphone Device
- Qualcomm adds security, battery life features to phone chips
- Cygnett’s new wireless charging range has arrived
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- TPSAP Migration Module LeadNSW
- FTLead PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTOnboarding Specialist / Service Design - ITIL | ServiceNowOther
- FTJunior C++ Developer x 3Other
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTData SpecialistACT
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- TPResource ManagerNSW
- CCJava LeadVIC
- FTAutomation DeveloperOther
- FTProject Engineer, Operational Infrastructure & TelcoOther
- FTSenior Security ConsultantACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- FTProject Coordinator / Project Support OfficerSA
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther
- FT.Net Technical / Team LeadOther
- FTNet Technical Lead - Funds Management Products -Leading FintechOther
- FTDeployment TechnicianVIC
- TPAndroid Engineer - Contract (6 months)NSW