GoToMyPC GoToMyPC remote access software
With its slightly unfriendly user interface, GoToMyPC is best for those that wish to work remotely but don't need to share files with others. The service is useful for remote troubleshooting.
Price$ 179.40 (AUD)
GoToMyPC is just as easy to use as LogMeIn and marginally more secure. To set up you simply download the software and create an account with a username and password.
However, GoToMyPC also requires an access code to be assigned to each system to provide an extra layer of security. The software lacks LogMeIn's clear interface but, once we'd entered the access code, the target PC's desktop was immediately visible.
The service then works in the same way as LogMeIn, allowing you to open and edit documents and launch any program on the remote PC. Files can be transferred to and from either PC at the click of a button, although we found the drag-and-drop method to work equally well.
Transferring an 18MB file between PCs took slightly longer than LogMeIn: seven minutes. But the ability to use both PCs while GoToMyPC session is in progress impressed us. A chat function lets you interact between the two systems, which should be useful for situations when you're using the service to sort out others' PC problems.
Unlike LogMeIn, GoToMyPC doesn't enable you to securely share files with others. However, a dedicated option allows you to print documents stored on the target PC through a device connected to the local system; it's also possible to listen to music and system sounds through the local PC.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Five 2017 flagship smartphones that are now less than $900
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Lead UnixOther
- FTApplication Support ManagerOther
- FTNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTSenior ETL DeveloperOther
- FTOnboarding Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSAP HR & Workforce AnalystOther
- FTWebmethods DeveloperOther
- CCLead Business AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - IT ArchitectVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Technical WriterOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- CCSENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - INFRASTRUCTURENSW
- TPAO6 IT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCSharePoint Business Analyst / DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - SEQQLD
- FTMultiple Solution Architect PositionsACT
- FTSDWAN ConsultantOther
- CCSAP DevelopersNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager - Infrastructure ProjectsNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther