- Fun, Free
- Not fully functional
It’s worth waiting for file storage and instant messaging functions to be added. Only then will it be a powerful productivity tool and allow for safe backups of your work that you can access and edit from anywhere.
Goowy's name is derived from the pronunciation of the common computer acronym GUI, which stands for graphical user interface. Its aim is to become an online desktop that can be accessed from anywhere for people who need to access information remotely. Goowy unifies email, calendar, contacts, RSS, games and widgets functions into one central interface within your browser window. It looks just like a desktop application, albeit with a Macintosh-like feel.
To get started, you simply go straight to the Goowy Web site (www.goowy.com) and sign up. You can then easily import your contacts from Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo. From here, you can manage your contacts and calendar entries in a similar way that you would organise these on your Windows desktop using Outlook.
Since the contacts and calendar data is constantly being pulled from the Web, there is a little more lag than you would experience if the data was being pulled off your hard drive, however it was fast on my ADSL2 connection, and there is a "lite version" for those with lower bandwidths. A downloadable desktop client is also available, which can receive e-mails.
As it stands - without file storage implemented - Goowy is almost on par with Windows Live Mail Beta, which has calendar integration. The most impressive part of Goowy is that it is a platform that will hopefully unify the online workspace, something that Google is looking to do with their new acquisition of Writely, the online word processor.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTGraduate Software Developer - Front EndWA
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- CCProject Manager - Office Expansion ProjectNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- TPProject Director - Cloud - Qld HealthQLD
- CCiMIS SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Service Operations Lead ? Financial Services - TelcoVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- FTWeb Developer - Drupal 7 or iApplyNSW
- FTSitecore DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCCICD ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- FTRadio Communications Field TechnicianOther
- CCTraining and Support LeadVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- TPSoftware Implementation Project Manager.NSW
- TPBusiness Process Consultant DigitalVIC