"If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work."
Google Mobile App
Google comes to the iPhone
- Simple interface, search suggestions, location-based search
- Very basic, doesn’t integrate with other Google applications
Google Mobile App is a simple search tool that relies on Safari for most of its work. If you regularly use Google when you are out and about, then this may be worth a look, but for most iPhone users, simply searching Google via Safari will suffice.
A simple application designed to make both online and offline searching easier, Google's Mobile App is basically a shortcut to the world of Google. While some may consider it a fancy search bar in an application, the ability to make a location-based search is an excellent feature.
The Google Mobile App is as simple as they come and features a single text box to search. Aside from this box, there is a settings menu that allows you to edit your searchable items, and a shortcut menu to other Google services, including Gmail, Calendar, Docs and Gtalk. Unfortunately, these features aren't integrated into the application itself and are just quick links — direct integration of these features into the application itself would make it an extremely powerful mobile tool. As an example, integration with Google calendar would be a well-received feature.
The main benefit of searching through the Google Mobile App rather than via Safari is the search suggestions that appear when typing. This helps narrow down results and also extends the search possibilities. For example, when typing "Man United" into the search box, a small bar below the results features a number of boxes that offer quick, extended searches such as ..news, ..fc, ..fixtures, and ..latest news. Tapping the ..news box, for example, will change your search to "man united news" without actually having to type the whole phrase.
Conveniently, as you use the application, it remembers heavily searched items and places these as the first results if similar searches are conducted. You can also search your history and there are a number of privacy settings that can be adjusted, including turning on and off the ability to search for contacts and previous searches, as well as the ability to turn on and off suggested searches as you are typing.
However, undoubtedly the best feature of Google Mobile App is the location-based searching. Employing the iPhone's GPS capabilities, searching for items like "coffee" or "pizza" brings up a location-based search result — for example "search for pizza near me". Tapping this result opens Google Maps and conveniently displays the nearest pizza restaurants. Keep in mind that although Google Mobile App is available on an iPod touch running the latest 2.0 firmware, the location-based search won't work as the touch doesn't feature GPS.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Apple combats iPhone throttling backlash with new iOS 12 features
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies