Girl Tech Photo Booth
- Instant photos, booth is adjustable
- Poor quality photos, film hard to remove
The Photo Booth takes poor quality pictures, but it should still provide enough fun for the kids.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
The Girl Tech Photo Booth is a novelty device that allows users to take instant Polaroid photos just like a real photo booth - but the image quality does leave something to be desired.
The Photo Booth is essentially a small, boxed shape gadget, with a large mirror on the front and a flash and camera lens positioned above it. The Photo Booth allows you to look into the mirror and then quickly take an instant photo via the supplied i-Zone Polaroid film. The Photo Booth is adjustable via moving the casing forward or backwards from its base, so you can take pictures from varying angles.
The film is loaded into the top of the device, which is opened via a small slider button on the left hand side of the booth. Taking a photo is a simple matter of sliding down the large handle on the front of the device, which activates a timer to allow users time to pose for their photo. Once the shot is taken, the film is removed from the top right hand corner of the device. We didn't like the force that was needed to remove the film, especially as this device is aimed at children and this may cause problems for some.
The quality of photos was largely disappointing and most of the shots we took were affected by what seemed like light entering the film. We checked to make sure the film lid was properly sealed and closed, but as this was the case, we can only assume that there is a fault in the design which allows excessive light onto the pictures.
Another disappointing factor about the Photo Booth is the image alignment, which did cause us some problems. When we took photos with our head directly in the centre of the mirror, our images weren't properly aligned and in most cases, were cut off, leaving half a head. With the iZone film pretty expensive, there will be plenty of frustrated kids using the Photo Booth.
Aside from these issues, the Photo Booth is an average product which will keep the kids occupied for a few hours at least. The pictures it snaps aren't anything to write home about, but it is a toy and perhaps parents can get away with not buying digital cameras for their 5 year olds just yet.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- CES 2018: BLOCKS shows off their modular smartwatch
- CES 2018: PITAKA debut MagHive smart reminder tech
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Belkin
- CES 2018: Google Assistant To Come To Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- CCInternet Applications Developer - DevOpsNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- TPSenior Content DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- FTFull Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager - NSW Health exp essentialOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)SA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTJBOSS Application Server LeadOther
- FTLead Mobile App DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure Security AnalystOther
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTContinuous Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTKnowledge AnalystOther
- CCMachine Learning SpecialistACT
- FTPerformance and Capacity Management SpecialistOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - ieMRQLD