Girl Tech Photo Booth
- Instant photos, booth is adjustable
- Poor quality photos, film hard to remove
The Photo Booth takes poor quality pictures, but it should still provide enough fun for the kids.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
The Girl Tech Photo Booth is a novelty device that allows users to take instant Polaroid photos just like a real photo booth - but the image quality does leave something to be desired.
The Photo Booth is essentially a small, boxed shape gadget, with a large mirror on the front and a flash and camera lens positioned above it. The Photo Booth allows you to look into the mirror and then quickly take an instant photo via the supplied i-Zone Polaroid film. The Photo Booth is adjustable via moving the casing forward or backwards from its base, so you can take pictures from varying angles.
The film is loaded into the top of the device, which is opened via a small slider button on the left hand side of the booth. Taking a photo is a simple matter of sliding down the large handle on the front of the device, which activates a timer to allow users time to pose for their photo. Once the shot is taken, the film is removed from the top right hand corner of the device. We didn't like the force that was needed to remove the film, especially as this device is aimed at children and this may cause problems for some.
The quality of photos was largely disappointing and most of the shots we took were affected by what seemed like light entering the film. We checked to make sure the film lid was properly sealed and closed, but as this was the case, we can only assume that there is a fault in the design which allows excessive light onto the pictures.
Another disappointing factor about the Photo Booth is the image alignment, which did cause us some problems. When we took photos with our head directly in the centre of the mirror, our images weren't properly aligned and in most cases, were cut off, leaving half a head. With the iZone film pretty expensive, there will be plenty of frustrated kids using the Photo Booth.
Aside from these issues, the Photo Booth is an average product which will keep the kids occupied for a few hours at least. The pictures it snaps aren't anything to write home about, but it is a toy and perhaps parents can get away with not buying digital cameras for their 5 year olds just yet.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- WalabotDIY, the 3D Imaging Tool That Gives Consumers ‘Superman-Vision’, Launches Today in Australia
- Google Certifies Insta360 Pro as First ‘Street View Auto Ready’ Camera
- Australian startup launches Tiller Kickstarter campaign
- Anki Arrives In Oz
- Griffin's PowerMate is the Surface Dial dead-ringer that's trapped in Mac land
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChange Analyst, IT & Business ProjectsOther
- FTSnr Information Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPAppian DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- CCSAP BPC Specialist ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking , Finance backgroundOther
- FTSenior Application DeveloperOther
- CCCRM Technical ConsultantWA
- CCData ModellerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- TPPrincipal PO|PI DeveloperQLD
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other
- FTCobol DeveloperOther
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- FTHead of Engineering - FrontendNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectNSW
- TPSecurity AnalystQLD
- FTProduct Support ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperNSW